What to wear in Western Driving?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Reaction score
Im going to start showing my mini in driving next year and I was wondering what to wear. Can I just wear my showmanship outfit? Or should I wear a more conservative colored outfit (ex. a rail shirt with black pants, boots, hat and belt)? Thank you.

I show my mini in western driving and I wear my western hat, a blazer with a little bit of "bling " added with a colorful shirt under it. I also wear my show pants to coordinate with the jacket and shirt. I try to coordinate the color with my horse-he is chestnut and I either wear my black jacket or my blue jacket and go from there. Have fun with the colors and "bling"!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

We show our minis mostly in the Western Country Pleasure driving classes. I wear a Rail shirt with black pants and a blingy belt.

IMG_0298.jpg
[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I show big horses too, so I wear rail shirts when I show them. It makes it alot easier if I can just use that and a black hat black pants and belt instead of getting a whole new outfit!

A showmanship top would be fine, but I would switch out of the colored pants. Rail shirts are also great.

VICTORYLAP.jpg

Sunny and I. Same clothes I wore during showmanship minus the gloves (only because I hate driving in gloves!)

Latest posts

Back