What the...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
What the hay?

Is it me or are these people actually promoting dwarfs? Makes one wonder if they are breeding them on purpose...omg.

From the caption on the dwarf pic about 3/4 of the way down the page:

"If you are seeking an unusual miniature horse, Janet has a complete selection of dwarf miniature horses."

http://www.burleson-arabians.com/trained_horse_actors.htm

Uh..so MANY things wrong here!!!

What the hay?

Is it me or are these people actually promoting dwarfs? Makes one wonder if they are breeding them on purpose...omg.

"If you are seeking an unusual miniature horse, Janet has a complete selection of dwarf miniature horses."

http://www.burleson-arabians.com/trained_horse_actors.htm

I was hoping that would "just go away", but looks like they are still promoting it. I cannot put into words how much this disgusts me...those poor-poor little horses. On the other hand, if you click on the link taking you to the "Guide Horses"
default_rolleyes.gif
I did get a kick out of buddy walking along in a straight line, whilst the "guide horse" was going sideways against him, towards the grass.
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

OH MY GOD! Horse Milk? REALLY? Horse Milk? Of course it IS better than cat or dog milk. And I can't tell you how often I go out to the barn, grab one of the barn cats, and take a sip. And thank you so much for pointing out how many teats animals have. Another wonderful bit of useless information. The fact that horses teats are between their hind legs - well I've wondered for YEARS where those were. Although I don't clearly get the chick with the bikini top over her belly button. Ahem - that is NOT between her "powerful hind legs". And clearly she doesn't know how cows kick, or she would be more concerned about milking a cow.

I wonder if this chick knows Charlie Sheen?

Now, Now, Come on, I think we all recognize Charlie has some underlying issues like maybe being Bi-Polar, I think that maybe this chick is just nuts!

Will she be offering a La Leche' support group for her lactating equines?

I know it is an old world practice in one country in particular (it was in the national geographic), but ah, sorry, not unless my kids were starving!

Well, to the OP, I think you see how seriously we take this woman
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hay?

http://www.burleson-...orse_actors.htm

I know someone who does!!
default_no.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
She has 5 or 6!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif

Gee, I think this woman is the same who had her lawyer send me a threat letter about suing me because I had posted here that I felt it was wrong to sell dwarves at auction, not knowing what kind of care they'd get by who knows what buyers. Didn't even mention her!
default_rolleyes.gif

We went to a horse & tack auction two years ago to pick up some round pen panels from a supplier. There were two dwarf horses being auctioned off. They brought over a $1000.00 each while the decent horses, one was a Buckaroo grand daughter, were only bringing around $350 to $600. Seems like the pet people love the dwarfs. It's a shame to breed them on purpose, so many problems.

Those people from the site posted are long time "well known" and not in a good way... Absolutely not my type of horse -- or business -- people
vomit.gif

And why am I not surprised? These people are proving time and time again they will stoop to anything to make a buck off of an animal.

For the newbies out there that do not know:

Go here and add your name

http://www.guidehorseno.com/

JMO but that is about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen... yep, anything to make a buck. Couldnt add my name to the list on that site from work, but will when I get home!!

default_shutup.gif
:shutup

I will say the other day someone was using one of this groups old sites to quote for miniature horses. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay... the horse milk thing has me laughing. I don't think that page was well researched at all.

Not that I have anything against horse milk... many nomadic tribes around the globe historically relied on their horses and camels for milk as sustenance and still do.

However, cattle have been used because of domestication, they have a high output of milk, same thing as goats.

Now, their little nutritional chart they have (why are dogs and cats on there? who on earth could milk a cat except as a gag on "Meet the Fockers") it shows that horse milk is far lower in protein and higher in sugar and fat... something that I personally would not want (I need high protein sources with less fat and sugars as a vegetarian).

Secondly, the "cat milk" products were created because cats cannot digest most cow milk that people like to feed them... it causes diarrhea and vomiting in many cases... so this is a marketing ploy to give something that people can buy to make them feel like they are giving their cat a treat. It's not actually MADE from cat milk, like this website implies! Goodness, do your research.

Lastly, the photoshopped images of horse and cat milk stuff is just ridiculous. Just because it's on the internet, doesn't make it real.

And yeah, I think that weird bikini illustration is just weird!

Anyway, people who do dumb things don't make me think any more highly of them.

Andrea

Housebreak your horse?
whistling.gif

ok, then i need to look into this, i am tried of the cold, cold mornings out in the barn.. in they come!
xbud.gif

The dwarf horse thing makes me very sad...
default_sad.png

But, this woman really must be either a kook or a troll... because if the "cat milk" page isn't a joke, then she needs to be institutionalized.

Looks like a joke to me.

Cat Milk is So Good For YOU!

I have to admit that the Burlesons really make me sad. My first exposure to a mini was at a clicker trainer's conference in New York in 2003. Little Panda, a non-dwarf mini guide horse trained by Alexandra Kurland for her client Ann, was there. I fell head over heels in love with minis, and came home determined to own one. Within a month, I had purchased my first, a gorgeous tiny stallion from Mountain Meadows Miniatures. Alexandra helped me select him. Panda is still in service as a guide horse 10 years later, and she is an amazing one. And I still own my first boy, Alladdin, along with eight (soon to be nine) others. I wouldn't own minis if it weren't for Panda, I can guarantee you this.

The Burlesons are not good people. They have made a mockery of what minis are capable of. And by breeding for and advertising dwarf minis, they have shown they are willing to cross any ethical boundary for their own bottom-line and publicity. The other "products" they advertise merely prove that they are not to be taken seriously in any case, and that they do not have a place in a society that truly cares for the welfare of animals. They should not be allowed to own any!

My personal favorite entry from this site, bringing on a major WTH response:

The adrenaline rush from milking a high-strung Arabian mare is like nothing else, and milking any horse can be very dangerous.
I am surprised they don't show a photo of them wildly swinging a bucket between the legs of a rearing, plunging mare. Sick, sick people.

Have you ever had the thought that some people are just stupid? Nothing really wrong with them. They are just stupid!You can have all the degrees in the world and still be STUPID!!!
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_frusty.gif

Horse milk just might go over well with those crazies who are selling those who are drinking those very creative horse-related milkshakes...

ClickMini said:
My personal favorite entry from this site, bringing on a major WTH response:
The adrenaline rush from milking a high-strung Arabian mare is like nothing else, and milking any horse can be very dangerous.
I am surprised they don't show a photo of them wildly swinging a bucket between the legs of a rearing, plunging mare. Sick, sick people.
Ditto.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back