What Should I do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintNminis

Reaction score
Is it true that AMHA is changing the Permanent Status to 3 instead of 5 next year?

if it is I kinda have a issue
default_unsure.png

I have a 3yo Stallion that I sold about a week ago and I think he is expecting a couple of foals next year - I want his Foals to be AMHA Registered of course
default_wink.png

but what should I do about his AMHA Papers? Should I keep them until January then update them and Transfer them, or should I just transfer them when they pick him and let them hopefully update them to permanent?

Suggestions? Any advice? Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top

Thanks

~Toni

First, I would make sure I turn in my stallion report on that horse now.

Since there is a grace period from 3 - 5, (horses that are 3 next year, do not have to go perm until they are actually 5), I would think AMHA would not require permanent status in order to register foals before the sire/dam is actually 5 at this time.

Best idea would be to contact the AMHA office and find out. Then you'd know for sure.
default_smile.png

I have a question on the AMHA, I have a 3 yr old, can I get her permanent size done this year or do I have to wait until January??

Sorry I don't mean to hijack thread!!
default_biggrin.png

I guess that could also be an answer for the question asked!!
default_wacko.png

Thanks!!

You have to wait until next year.

I have a question on the AMHA, I have a 3 yr old, can I get her permanent size done this year or do I have to wait until January??
Sorry I don't mean to hijack thread!!
default_biggrin.png

I guess that could also be an answer for the question asked!!
default_wacko.png

Thanks!!

l just had that problem with a 3 yr old stallion l sold last month and as much as you always hope people keep up paperwork because at this point l couldn't bring him perm l was still concerned because l bred him to 3 mares for next year. l did call the AMHA and talked to Marsha and she said as long as l file my stallion report and the stallion had a valid date on when his papers expired for perm l would not have a problem getting next springs foals registered..my stallion was also PQ'd so l feel okay about the coming foals getting papers...

Thank You Everyone SOOOO Much I feel a TON Better
default_risa8.gif

His Papers are Good until 2011
default_laugh.png
So I am Good there
default_firstprize.gif

and I am already ready to send off the Stallion Breeding Report.

Latest posts

Back