What sheds out must grow back in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Sadly, summer is coming to an end -- I have incontrovertible proof in the corral, as Mr. Slick (aka Mingus), is turning from glam boy to fuzzy pony right before my eyes.

He was so good to hold on through the first week in September, through the Oregon State Fair, but two days after we came back, so did the fuzz.

I love his winter coat -- long, flat and shiny, like an Irish Setter -- but there's just one problem.

We had a photo shoot planned with an incredible photographer (colleague, vendor and client of mine who owes me trade into her next lifetime) who specializes in environmental portraits, and she wanted to take photos in the autumn light.

Oh well...we'll get our shots one of these days...

Yes, I had thought of clipping mine, as we have a while before it gets cold, but then I decided all that fur was good mosquito protection, so I will let him get furry. Some forum member likened her horses to yaks! I think that is so funny, and so true!

Marsha

Why not a glam portrait for each season-- Fall Mingus with all the beautiful trees changing color, Winter fluffy Mingus in snow, Spring Mingus with your beautiful flowers and Summer Mingus at the height of sleekness maybe at Long Beach? It would be neat to watch him through his changes throughout the year.

I would say go for the photos. You saw how nice Lailah looked even though she was in her "fall jammies".

He will look every bit as good, probably better cuz he hasn't had a baby! *LOL*

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back