What patterns do you see here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
Ok.i know dj is frame and splash.he is also LWO +...i have seen lots of pics of his offspring..most have bald face and blue eyes...his solids even have blue eyes. could he be homoz. Splash or black in addition to being frame..i dont see sabino in him,but I am not familiar with it. I am tempted on having him tested,for the works..lol.does anyone see another pattern he could be hiding? He was hardshipped so I cant look at pedigree

IMG_20120606_195656-1.jpg

Frame and LWO are the same thing
default_smile.png
Yes, he could be homozygous splash with his frame and i do see sabino, though i am no expert when it comes to pinto patterns either. Usually, frame itself leaves at least 1 solid leg if i'm not mistaken so you know there's something else at work there. I see a bit of feathering/roaning off a few white edges which is why I say sabino as well. He could be homozygous black depending on what colors his sire and dam were. Would be worth testing for that, but i don't bother with sabino

I don't really see any sabino contamination of the Frame and Splash from this photo. When you put sabino with splash and/or frame the result is often eyeliner and/or at least a partial dark mustache marking.

Latest posts

Back