What pattern is he considered?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
We were having a bbq out in the back yard today, and I just happened to catch sight of Spot standing by the fence. It just hit me that he really looked different, so I had to come and check out some pics. Even since last year, he's lost quite a bit of black on his legs and head. I went back on some pics, and I was so surprised at how he's changed over these last 2 years! And I wondered, is he just plain leopard, or near leopard?

Baby

sugar06a.jpg

Nov 17, 2006

PB173202-1.jpg

Sept 2, 2007

P9024544-1.jpg

Now in these pics taken today, there is alot less black on the legs and face.

Aug 16, 2008

Pictures0898.jpg

Pictures090.jpg

I think he would properly be called a near leopard since he was not born leopard but I could be wrong.

He is a Near Leopard.

True Leopards are born Leopard.

Anything else is a Near Leopard.

Well IMO his pattern would be considered: BEAUTIFUL!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

One of my favorite appy boys
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

If I remember right he's got the same daddy as our black snowcap/fewspot yearling colt right?

Gosh, what a pretty horse...I may have said that before, but gosh what a pretty horse! Does he have a twin? For sale? Really cheap? In Nebraska?
default_smile.png

Awwww...........thank you! Spot is a sweet heart, and a big goofball! And yes Christina, your little guy and mine have the same sire!
default_aktion033.gif

I would also say near leopard.... since he has 'evolved' in color over time, he was not born as a leopard.

Latest posts

Back