What NOT to do at the lake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
Since hubby finally has weekends off we decided to go to the lake on Saturday. We packed a lunch and headed out. When we got there it took us a bit to find the perfect spot with shade and a table plus a nice place to get in the water. We were going to take the dogs but they aren't licensed and they must be to enter the park.

Having lunch and playing with the camera

DSC07726.jpg

I spent a LONG time airing up that stupid raft only to find out that it had a HOLE in it
default_rolleyes.gif
I will know better next time
default_yes.gif

DSC07728.jpg

Everything was going great. We were in the water floating around and then a car pulled up right next to ours, then another and then another. They just kept pulling in. They started setting stuff on our picnic table and the ones to each side. Then a lady walked over to the tree that our stuff was sitting under and threw a dirty diaper right next to our clothes and bags
default_new_shocked.gif
I was SO MAD. There were about a million kids and the cars just kept pulling in. There was another family that arrived shortly after we did that had already set up camp, tent and all. We could tell they were getting annoyed to. I got out of the water, grabbed our stuff, walked to our table and sat at "OUR" table. A lady came and grabbed her stuff from it but I didn't even look at her
default_no.gif
To top it off they turned on "meriachi" (SP) music as loud as they could! I sat at the table for a few minutes but then a bird pooped on me lol
default_rolleyes.gif
So we decided it was time to leave. As we drove off I snapped a few shots of the "hornets" that had just swarmed in!!!! The family that had already set up camp for the night were throwing everything in the back of their truck and tearing down their tent as we left
default_no.gif
I would have BEEN SO MAD if we were planning on staying for the evening.

We complained at the front gate and they assured us the sheriff would be sent out. They also refunded us our money which was nice even though thats not what we were going for.

Anyways, when you are out in a public place think back to this story. Some people are just so stinkin' rude :arg!

Here is "our" tree with the dirty diaper!
default_no.gif

DSC07733.jpg

I snapped this pic as we drove off. Our table was the one to the left in the picture. They started setting stuff on it as soon as we were driving off
default_wacko.png

DSC07734.jpg

It's unbelievable how rude some people can be :arg!

Been there! Last year my sister in law desided to have my neice's b-day party at the park, went through all the proper channels and got permission to use the park. Went out the day before and put signs w/ time and date, etc. so people would know it was reserved, they drove by at noon on the day of the party (which was at 3:30) and sees a woman tearing down her signs and replacing them w/ her own decorations. We called the cops (no one else to call on a Sunday), but all the did was ask them to leave, they told them NO, their party was at 2:30 and they weren't leaving til they were finished.

Personally I wanted to move right in on their party and go on as if they weren't even there, but instead we ended up having the party on the other side of the park, w/ only one picnic table and no parking. We just parked on the grass, and of course the cops came back to tell us we couldn't park on the grass, we just said ok, and stayed til we were done. Maybe that's not the right way to handle it, but if they aren't going to punish the people in the wrong then I don't see why we should have to follow the rules either.

Hopefully these people were asked to leave.

OMG that story is EVEN worse than mine :arg! I just cannot believe some people! I would have liked to walk up to each and every one of them and give them a nice hard slap across the face for being idiots
default_no.gif
It's too bad we can't do that lol
default_biggrin.png

Been there! Last year my sister in law desided to have my neice's b-day party at the park, went through all the proper channels and got permission to use the park. Went out the day before and put signs w/ time and date, etc. so people would know it was reserved, they drove by at noon on the day of the party (which was at 3:30) and sees a woman tearing down her signs and replacing them w/ her own decorations. We called the cops (no one else to call on a Sunday), but all the did was ask them to leave, they told them NO, their party was at 2:30 and they weren't leaving til they were finished.
Personally I wanted to move right in on their party and go on as if they weren't even there, but instead we ended up having the party on the other side of the park, w/ only one picnic table and no parking. We just parked on the grass, and of course the cops came back to tell us we couldn't park on the grass, we just said ok, and stayed til we were done. Maybe that's not the right way to handle it, but if they aren't going to punish the people in the wrong then I don't see why we should have to follow the rules either.

Hopefully these people were asked to leave.

Kinda ruins a nice day doesn't it!

You should have put that diaper on their table! PIGS!

Latest posts

Back