What markings is she?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohmt, pretty informative as well, thanks for writing! Today, I paid to get an LWO test for my girl. I would love to breed her to an overo stallion in the spring, have one in mind, but owner says for me to have her tested first. :)

My stallion is very similarly marked, he's also related to Rowdy and IS LWO, so definitely get her tested!

Rad:radtrot.jpg

Tobiano, Sabino, Splash and needs to be tested for LWO
default_smile.png

LWO Test result came in today! :)

Coat Color results for Painted Sun's Little Soleil:

Overo Result:
N/O - One copy of the altered sequence detected. If bred to another N/O horse,
there is a 25% chance of producing a lethal white overo foal. The N/O type has
been detected in Paints (including breeding stock), Pintos, Thoroughbreds,
Miniatures, Quarter Horses and Tennessee Walking Horses.

so now youll have to only breed her to stallions that test negative for LWO
default_smile.png

She's gorgeous and I had guessed Tovero before reading all the posts through hence the edit.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Supaspot thanks for the info! :)

Horsenut50, thank you for the compliment :)

****Little update around here:

Few days ago I was able to purchase a mini mare I originally purchased in '09 and thank goodness amha and amhr papers were still in my name! (I was glad for that). Anyway, today I allowed Soleil and Dancer to run together for their first time, and I expected a little drama, but they hit it off beautifully (as if they have been together forever) I'm so pleased with these two :) Here is snapshot of "granite oaks star dancer" and another one of Soleil with Dancer together for the first time...

1380358_504479712977761_1875218482_n.jpg
166013_505768392848893_278098806_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back