What mares do you have bred for this year ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
I feel like I've been waiting forever but we didn't have any mares bred in 2011 so its been a big 2 year wait for the sound of little hooves

We only have 1 mare bred for 2012

RF Bars Warrior Princess bred to Triple K Boogies Bow Tie- 300 days on April 17th

this is the same cross as our Spice

so real excited to see what this cross does this year in 2010 the cross gave us a handsome little Buckskin appaloosa colt. Hoping for the filly fairy to stop by here this year.

Who do you have bred for 2012 and when are they due?

Last edited by a moderator:
I covered 6 mares for my 2012 foaling, but being in Australia that means I have to wait for August for the foalings to start!

4 went to my Bond Snippet grandson, Firewalker Tinkers Toy Boy, including my Trios Night Ryder daughter and my Little Kings Mickeys Master Buck granddaughter.

The other two went to Kooka Heights Sir Pallidon, another Little Kings Mickeys Master Buck grandchild! One is a repeated mating that gave me my lovely buckskin filly who I'm really happy with. The other is a Rowdy lined mare I'm very impressed with and can't wait to see how they cross. Don't tell the other mares but that's the foal I am most excited about for my 2012 season!

We only bred 1 mare and purchased 1 bred mare. Some may remember Stormy from the fall, she was on marestare, and had thread here. She is still pregnant, and due? Guessing April give or take a month. Then we have a Buckeye WCF Hot Toddy foal to be expected around May 8th. So excited for both these foals! Hoping to keep both here and show!!

I have two mares bred. I have black pinto maiden bred to palomino due april 4 and sorrel pinto bred to black pinto stud for june 13

My maiden mare is 292 days starting to bag up.Pray all goes well. This mare dam has foaled earily with her foals.

Im awaiting 3 here and 1 outside mare to pop! I bred my cute little stud BOB to a friends mare so she can have her 1st mini babay and addition to her farm of tennessee walkers. Here I bred my best 3 mares to my boy Sentra. I cant wait! 1st pic is Sentra and the other 3 are my girls!

DSC03004_cropped_4x6_sm.jpg

post-18407-0-04862500-1321116680_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-14419600-1321116724_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-72972700-1322546613_thumb.jpg

Well, I had covered two mares, but thought neither settled. Neither had a belly at all... until this week!! Sunrise Hill Farm Solitaire is due in about 3 weeks! She suddenly has developed a belly- I am rather surprized since she has had foals before and always typically showed and fat as a blimp by foaling time. She hid this one. I had already become ok with having no foals this year. Now i will have one, knock on wood!!

She is bred to my old stallion Grays Smoke Signal, and due between March 15 and the 25th.

Smoke Signal *Bob) is a son of Shadow Oaks Cock Robin by Chianti. His granddaughter has produced such great Appies as Sonoita Highlands Darth Vader and his sister Sonoita Invaders Infatuation.

Bob

Bobfromvideo.jpg

Solitaire

SolRF2007site.jpg

I only bred one mare, my black Double Extasy daughter to a palomino son of Buck Echo, due in May. I also purchased a mare that vet checked in foal and due soon. Sire is Silver Meadows Skywalker, black applaoose Multi National & World Champion. Can be seen on my website.

Not knowing that Karrel would in the future be hurt in an accident, I had gotten a little carried away last year!
default_doh.gif

I have the match ups on this page http://www.rokominis.com/website1_006.htm

Their due dates are from their past foalings. The mares with the * are ones I think are PG.

default_wub.png
My mares have already foaled and are enjoying their babies. You can see Choctaw and her little Breezy on the 2012 foal thread at the top of the forum as well as Faith and her very little Elvis.
default_wub.png

I have D'Armond's Crystal and Velvet who is due to foal in mid-May. I'm excited!
default_yes.gif

We bred three and had an oopsy where the stallion got out, but honestly I don't know if ANYONE took! None look pregnant, and my oopsy mare is cycling- whew!

We bred our stallion Field of Dreams Red Hot Elvis to:

Alba Hursts Amica

Grahams Silver Skylarke TAG

Double Diamonds Hot Gossip

This year we are already planning matches and have started teasing....
default_yes.gif

I have 5 this year

Cross Country Barracuda (Redboy son) X Ericas Shezz got Legz

Flying W Farms Okie Blue Sky (Blue Boy) has 3

Satans First Class Lass (Rowdy Satan daughter)

SG Spot on Side (Redboy daughter)

Grosshills Little Man's Suzanna (Little Man daughter)

NFC Rowdy Reigns Supreme (Rowdy son) X SG Rangers Classic Dancer (Roan Ranger daughter)

Foaling starts at the end of the month and I think will go until May or June (got to check calender lol)

If I breed any for next year they will probably almost all be to Bare as I want some of his to promote.

We've got three girls bred for this spring, all in foal to Oak Parks OH Im Awesome aka Doc

https//fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423645_10150584079644613_224524494612_8953147_899932093_n.jpg

Well, we've been on foal watch as I must have dates wrong on this girl, Miss Sweet Tart, or we bred her on an earlier heat and I misplaced those dates! She's bagged up, white milk for a week now, VERY grumpy and the baby's dropped, so waiting and keeping an eye on her.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321530_10150311884559613_224524494612_7906581_1481093347_n.jpg"

Due April 20th, is LBFS Dancing Legs "Tango".. Will be a full sibling to 2010 colt "Max"

https//fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/291788_10150311881874613_224524494612_7906565_1415394328_n.jpg"

and rounding up the end first of May is Lil Butts Blazing Glory, will be our first foal out of her, should be a nice one!

307810_10150311887974613_224524494612_7906625_967695030_n.jpg
ugh, I have no idea how to get the pics to show up now
default_sad.png

I have a impressive streaker grandaughter due now,a cherjoe halfpint daughter due in march,a gander hill mare due june,a cowboys topper daughter due oct,a boogerman grandaughter due oct.,...thats it.im hoping to get mostly fillies,although id love a colt from my boogerman girl and dj...i can hardly wait!!!

Little Kings Super Sally is in foal to Little Kings Psyched Up Buck and due soon, SF Smokes Reflection was pasture bred to SF Mahogany Bay and appears to be in foal, this is a repeat, last year she had a surpise silver bay overo colt that we are keeping. We also had their dam, Andora Van Double Dutch out with them, but at 26 we doubt that she took, but she did have an amazing filly last year so who knows.... We would be thrilled as she is the best foal we have ever produced and would love for a repeat.

Can you tell we are pretty ambivilant?

NONE! That's what happens when you indulge yourself with keeper fillies and have gotten 80% fillies that you wanted to keep! But I've got plans... We are probably going to sit out 2013 as well but have some repeat and new crosses in 2014. Daydreaming about it lately and looking forward to seeing other member's babies this season!

Only one, and the Sisters of Carmelite's Mini Corral are foaling her out for me. AV General's Blues Reflection leopard appy mare grand-daughter of Sligo Spotted Horse in foal to CCMF Carousel Carnival leopard appy stallion I sold last fall. He is sired by Carousel Designer Legacy. Hoping for a spotted foal, with the appaloosas you never know!
default_luck.gif

Thankfully I have one client mare here due in the next few weeks, so at least I will experience one foaling this year!

I have 2 and both due from end of June to mid July so I have a bit of a wait so looking forward to seeing everyones babies till then

Up first is Shimmer (pictures with her first foal Tilly and my son Conor) and in foal again to Banner

ShimmerConorTillyedit.jpg

Slaney (with her 2011 colt) in foal to Banner

Baby6edit.jpg

And the Daddy

BannerJuly12th2010074.jpg

Latest posts

Back