What kind of Pony is this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Here is the new Pony we bought Saturday. He is a 3 yr old gelding, green broke to ride. He is so gentle and loving. He was gelded about 2 weeks ago. His name is Lorado, unregisterd. But i need your help.

I went down to Mt. Hope looking for a Halflinger and selling our fresian, but all the halfinger's they had were really wild. This guy here was in w/ the miniature horse's and pony's section, but i think he looks a little like a halfinger now that i get him home and look at him. Also his personality. Im thinking his has some halfinger in him because he is about 14hh and has the head shape, color and body style. He has the white stripe down his face and really sturdy strong legs.

He needs some weight put on him and we just wormed him today since they said it was going on a yr since his last one.

4bc5d780.jpg

09d9f901.jpg

100_9591.jpg

100_9594.jpg

(yes he is doing his business for those of you out there going 'ewww')

Any Idea's now that you see his head, body and 'stuff'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, there is a pic of coco and rocky at the top, sorry that was by accident. Lorado is the last 3.

His neck and head doesnt look to arabian. I mean i can see the neck part, but his head isnt to arab looking. Sorry, the pics are not the greatest i will try to get more tommarow of him out of his stall. He sort of does look arabian in some ways.
smile.gif

I was thinking QH cross also. Better pictures might let us better define what he might be.

Christy

I wouldn't say Haflinger, his bone isn't thick enough and he's just not showing any Haflinger characteristics.

He looks like a QH cross to me.

He just looks like a very nice grade pony to me, taking a pee, (& you need to clean that thing) with probably with no special type of breeding behind him. I think he is quite cute.

Yeah marty, i know i need to clean it. I could see that it needed to be cleaned right when i took that pic actually. I just dont want to do anything to 'weird' with him since he is still settling in. Im thinking maybe Saturday or Sundayish. The mini's need it to anyway so im waiting untill i have extra time to do all of them at once.

I will get better pics in a couple minutes. He is outside at the moment so i will get them and post them tonight (sorry, i know the previous ones are not to good.)

Latest posts

Back