What kind of flowers are these?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluetaterbaby

Reaction score
My son sent me this picture of some beautiful flowers and asked me what kind they were. I first thought "lupines", but I don't think that's correct.
default_wacko.png
Any help in solving this mystery will be greatly appreciated because I want some. I hope this link works.

Thanks in advance,

Joan

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f144/blu...ion=tageditmany

hmm didn't see any flowers when I clicked the link
default_sad.png
so can't answer that

The link goes to the photobucket page before log in.

I know what lupines look like, so I can help with that if you can get the photo up.
default_smile.png

Joan,

Here is your picture, hope you don't mind I put it here.........

I am not sure what kind they are .......beautiful though! Maybe someone else will?

th_cid__0329081100-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% agree with AppyLover2.
default_yes.gif

Here's a Lupine. They are much much bigger than hyacinths, but I can see why you'd think one was the other. There are similarities I never noticed before you mentioned it!

lupine.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
Thank y'all so much for your help! For posting my picture, posting the beautiful picture of lupines, and for the excellent advice! That's what they are; grape hyacinth!
default_aktion033.gif
It means so much to me to have such wonderful forum friends to help me.

God bless,

Joan

Grape hyacinths was my pick too! Ours just started coming up about a week ago.

Kim

I can't see them very well it's a little photo but if the photo was a close up they also might be wild sweetpeas (not sure if that's the technical name.. i think they have a different name..my horses love to eat them). they grow on a vine like plant near the ground nestled in the grass.

I"ve never seen a blue bonnet in real life but my mom said they look like small lupines.... perhaps those are it too?

Thanks Boinky,

I made a mistake by resizing the photo and things got much smaller. I've got to do better. They were so pretty and I just had to have some. Grape hyacinths are what they are. I knew folks on the forum would know if the picture turned out okay. So, we found out where some were locally here and planted a few. Flowers just make a place happy.
default_yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

bluetater's pic bigger - I just took out the thumbnail (th_ ) coding....

cid__0329081100-00.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
Thank you so much Tagalong! I really appreciate you fixing the picture for me! Aren't these flowers lovely! I'm so glad you all helped me identify them!

God bless,

Joan

They don't look like hyacinths to me. I have seen them around here too and if I knew the name I would get some. They are sooo pretty. Anyone else have an idea???

The flowers on them kind of remind me of lilly of the vallies only in more clumps. they are pretty though

WOW, beautiful flowers everyone!!!

Latest posts

Back