What kind of digital camera do you all use?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new digital camera and would like to know which one you all use and if you had the chance, would you buy it again? Also, if you would, maybe post a sample picture on here?

Mine is a Canon Power Shot S3 IS and I just love it. I got it for $450 on sale at Circuit City. I was soooooo frustrated with my previous camera because it would take a second or two to snap a picture after we hit the button. I'd have the horses looking good, set up right with happy ears and by the time the picture took, they'd be standing funny, ears pinned, scowls on their faces. This new camera has gotten some really good pictures of our horses and dogs -- none of whom are all that cooperative for photo shoots. Takes great action shots, too.

Now how does this one sound? That one is more in my price range, and I could put it on lay-away :bgrin Does it sound like a decent buy to y'all?

My newest one is the Canon Power shot EOS Rebel XT . I really like it and I am still learning techniques on it. My other one before this one is a Canon Power Shot A 40. Trying to decide if I need to move it on or keep it. It was very easy to use too and the thing I like about it is that it has a video capability...I'm not sure if my Rebel has one or not.

Here's a link to my EOS Rebel XT camera

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/rebelxt.html

I'm still just using my little Kodak CX 6230 with 2MP and 3x optical. I would love some day to get a much better camera, but for now, this one will do.

Sample pics: Look at my hummingbird pics.

Then these:

edfce09b.jpg

edfcdf9c.jpg

edfce4ec.jpg

edfcdf55.jpg

f308729a.jpg

f30847a8.jpg

f38d9cc4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one of my favorite pics I've taken with this camera.

f6cb19fc.jpg

This one and the above pics are to give you an idea of the overall qulity of pics I've gotten. Close ups and farther off ones.

I like so much to take pictures. I'd love to have a really good camera one of these days....

The camera I take almost all my pics with is an Olympus Camedia C-3000. It is pretty old, now (bought in 2001), and spent a week outside in my husband's coat pocket during the rainiest week we've had in years, been dropped and even kicked by a horse, but it still takes very beautiful pictures, I think, and movies with sound:

sunset11-9-05.jpg

Almost every photo I've ever posted on here has been taken w/the camera described above (as well as those on my website other than the Liz M. photos).

Not sure what they make anymore, but I would definitely look into the ones that Karla and Jill have, as I have really enjoyed the quality they have, as well.

Liz M.

I would go for a Canon the Kodak is very slow and not very good action shots
default_smile.png

Kodak is very slow and not very good action shots
Actually, the old Kodak EasyShare that we have takes great action shots. It just doesn't have squat for zoom. One time my cat stepped into the potpourri burner and had the oil stuff all over his foot. I had to wash it off and my sweet husband decided to take pictures of that fun event
default_unsure.png
: When we uploaded the pictures, we noticed that the camera had actually captured the water drops that were flying around the kitchen :new_shocked:

I don't know. I think I like the Kodak that I posted earlier. It's not extremely pricey and has more zoom than I'd know what to do with. I'm definately ordering online though, because it's almost $50 more in the store.

Thank you all for the suggestions and PMs. It's gonna be a while still, before I can buy anything, so I'm still looking around :bgrin

Well I also had the Olympus Camedia C-3000 and it does take beautiful pictures, but it broke so my husband who is so good to me bought me a new Kodak easyshare 5.0 with 10x zoom and I hate it, it is so slow to take pictures and if you want to take one picture right after another forget it, its not happening, inside pictures suck if you are to far away, even with the zoom , they come out very dark. And there are not many features. I feel so bad because my husband thought he was getting me a good camera, he even got the printer dock to go with it which I do love. But now I am looking at getting a friends Cannon Rebel, as she has upgraded. I really wanted the Sony something, I think a few of you on here have it. Good luck

Sharon and Liz those are some nice pictures!

I must be the weird one...

I have an old Nikon coolpix4300.... nice camera, can do lots of things with. These were taken with that camera.

twotreepastureheavysnowmarch06.jpg

threerhoddiebigma06.jpg

sunsetbrightgood.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a digital camera aswell. My two biggest concerns are quality for a cheaper price and whether or not it's compatable with my computer (Mac OS 10.1). I did find a camera in my research that fits both a low price and compatiability but I would like to know first if any one has it and what you like and dislike about it. It is a Canon PowerShot A430.

Latest posts

Back