What is your Nationality?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is like me! LOL!!

I'm Spanish, Mexican, Italian, Native American(Cherokee American Indian) , and Czechoslovakian!( sorry if these are not politically correct but thats what I consider my self and how I explain it to people!! LOL!)

The first three on my dads side. Indian on both sides. And Czechoslovakian on my moms side.

I'd love to hear what you are!!

Do you cook or decorate that reflect your nationality? I do not unless you count a boxed taco dinner kit! LOL! But besides that nothing! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Bio father is Portuguese....my mom is greek (her dad came from there) and I was raised Italian (my step dad is). I LOVE to cook italian, my "Gram" spent a lot of time in the kitchen with me. I love to cook greek (love, love love greek food!) and in my adult life I have begun to search out my Portugese roots. It is fun being a "mix", you don't have to stick with any one thing!
default_smile.png

I am heinz 57, like my dog a total mutt...lol. Mainly I am sweedish, german, and native american (alagonquin)....with a hole bunch of other stuff! I don't really cook anything or decorate in any particular nationality. Sweedish is probably what I most am, but I lack the blond hair, blue eyes, and big you know whats....lol.

On my Dad's side, Irish, of course. How else would I get a flying comma (')
default_biggrin.png
In myself, I see the reality of the good and bad stereotypes when it comes to Irish folk. Wouldn't change it!!!

On my mom's side, French and ????????????? We don't really know much about her father, other than name.

You're not alone, I'm a mixed breed too! On my Dads side Irish, on my Moms side, English and Cherokee. My whole house has Native American stuff everywhere. I collect plates with maidens & wolves, picutres with braves, eagles, feathers, its all over the place. I'm most proud of my Native heritage and attend pow wows when ever I can, and take my Grand Children.

Wow! Very cool so far! I find it super interesting to see where we all came from!

I'm an American Mutt-mostly English and Welsh. 1 of my distant cousins did an extensive family tree search and found that we had ancestors on my father's side,(THAWLEY) who fought in both Revoluntionary and Civil Wars.My father's family came over here to Eastern Shore Maryland very early in Maryland settling.1 of my cousins still lives on the home farm where my dad was raised.Many years ago my dad had the original piece of paper that was the land grant(right on the present day MD-DE border) from English royalty who owned the whole area.He loaned it to a family member and never got it back.I love ancestry related stuff and old things.I now live in DE in a very old house and have the original deed to my farm dating back to 1856-I don't think this house was on the property then since it is not mentioned in the deed.Nice thread hearing where everyone has come from.Those of us on the Delmarva Peninsula are closely related since we were surrounded by water on 3 sides until the 1950s when several long bridges were built.Don't say anything bad about someone-it's probably a relative you haven't met yet..

tumblr_m9nooiEmvZ1qcdhbuo1_500.jpg

NORWEGIAN Fjord....

deniz070902-044.jpg

SWEDISH Gotland...

Haflinger-horses-1256937_266_400.jpg

And AUSTRIAN Haflinger....

.... before they all wound up in Canada and the US!
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

My niece ran ancestry.com on my grandparents families all the way back to the 1300's and I was surprised to find that I have a lot of English combined with spoonfuls and dashes of Dutch and Irish. We are not able to get much on the great grandparents that were heavily Native American which does adds to the mystery of why my grandmother would not talk about her grandparents. My grandmother's parents had a lot of Indian blood and the photos show it so much. I never knew that greatgrandmother but I have fond memories of that great-grandad. He was a great story teller. He had a home made cane chair with a deer hide seat, an outdoor toilet, and an immaculate little one room batchelor pad on my grandparents property. Even while he was in his mid-nineties he would walk over to my grandparents home for dinner wearing his khaki shirt and pants which were always ironed and had his shirt tucked in and a belt on.

Off topic and wacky.....Once I was shopping with a friend and we got to talking to a woman that was known there for "reading people." The person told me that in a previous lifetime I was a Medicine Man. I would rofl but I have always felt "Indian" and was coming up with "cure what ails you" for as long as I can remember.

I cook everything...go through phases of healthy, hearty, spicey, soul food, to Italian.

I like to decorate with a combination of cowboy, Native American, horses, birds, spiritual, and country.

I always use the 'Heinz 57' title too! I am a mixture of German, Irish, English, Scottish, Dutch and there might be one Native American relative on my Mother's side; but she can't recall if she was by blood or by marriage or what tribe or area. My husband is French, Canadian (or maybe French-Canadian???) and English. That's what make America America!

I am proud to be 1/8 Mississippi(via Oklahoma) Choctaw; the rest is Scotch, Irish, and English. I have an ancestor on my father's side who signed the Declaration of Independence(never can remember the name, but recognize it when I see all the signatures all together; do know it was NOT 'John Hancock'...lol!) I have a cousin who is currently researching whether our maternal grandmother(who was 1/2 Choctaw) and her children(they had 11 of them)were on the Choctaw tribal rolls after the tribe was 'forcibly' marched to OK ....something to do w/ the OK land rush that occurred.

Margo

I always thought I was Welsh x Cornish, until I started studying genealogy, about 15 years ago. Thanks to the LDS, who have kept incredible and only true reliable records for generations and to the Welsh, who also kept incredible records, I have discovered many surprises. Elinore of Aquitane appears twice in one line of my background. Adalbert II d' IVREA (King) of ITALY born 936 appears once in another and Annun "Ddu" Brenin, King of Greece. born 210 in another line. This was the furthest I was ever able to trace any line.

Just a note to anyone considering tracing their ancestry. Remember, Ancestry dot com, does a huge amount of advertising, but do no research. Everything on their site - which you pay for, is written by individuals who add their own research or even copied from others. This research is not always reliable and sometimes completely incorrect. LDS is the ONLY reliable way to trace one's ancestors. It is free to all.

Here is an example of the LDS report of my 5 x ggrandfather. It was just going back from his information and actually via some of the female lines, that I came to my oldest line (the year 210)

http://histfam.familysearch.org/getperson.php?personID=I119905&tree=Welsh

You won't find this kind of information on Ancestry, very often.

I'm afraid I'm a pretty straightforward cook. Meat and two veg - just like many of the English. I do sometimes cook Italian thingies and a few Mexican dishes. Know nothing about Greek cooking, even though several ancestors seem to have come from there. Even though my hubby was a chef, he (thank goodness) is ok with my cooking.

Lizzie

I am Apache and Cherokee Indian, Mexican (who are spanish and native american), german, irish, norwegian, and welsh. A heinz 57
default_smile.png
But, I have more native american in me than anything else and I really look like it. My full brother, however, is blonde with blue eyes (I have black hair and almost black eyes). Funny how that happens!

I have a great great aunt that was a geneologist and traveled the world for her job. She has researched my mother's side's ancestry very thoroughly so I have my own detailed copy of all of her notes, which I find extremely neat!

I'll have you know, I'm NOT a mongrel -- I'm a designer breed!

I'm a Swisscottirish.

(To nitpick, my nationality is American. My heritage is as noted above.)

I am Ukranian / Russian. Dad was born in the Ukraine and immigrated with his family before the Revolution. My mom was born in the US but her parents were from Russia and immigrated also.

Totally boring here......Irish, English and Scottish.

Dad's male line were Irish (a couple of convicts in there of course) and his mother's people were Cornish.

Mum's people were English and Scottish.

Told you, boring. Par for the course for most Aussies until the middle of the 20th Century. A much more diverse mix nowadays.

Both my parents had their family trees done and it was cool to find out the details....... English on both sides, some Scot and a smattering of German.

On my mom's side, a line goes back to Robert Morris, a signor of the Declaration of Independence ...... (maybe Margo and I are related?)

On my dad's side, a line goes back.......believe it or not......to Miles Standish!

The other half of MiniV is basically full Italian (his mother's side is from Sicily).

According to my Dad, I'm a direct descendant of King Kenneth MacAlpin, the first King of Scotland. While my Dad seemingly leaves out the "rest of the story", once dethroned, the family at some point turned to crime, and later descendants were convicted of stealing horses and shipped to the New World. So I like to say that my love of horses has been inherited from way, way back.

My mom's lineage is much less known, though my grandfather and his siblings looked like fullblooded Native Americans, so I'm sure I have a large portion of Indian lineage from some tribal group around the Georgia area.

Latest posts

Back