What is your minis favorite item of amusement?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
I think our mini’s favorite item for amusement is our wheelbarrow.

The Wheelbarrow in the eyes of a small equine:

• Is like a "box" from a real expensive toy for a small child.

• The wheelbarrow can be a great way to scratch your belly, bottom or neck, never mind the chewing potential.

• "Or" when your owner is trying to pick up poop it becomes a mecca for a community gathering for everyone to stick their big furry faces into (all at once) to smell that community smell of everyone's poop in one big pile and who know there might be something tasty. Of course while the community is gathering it is generally on top of the poop your owner is trying to pick up.
default_laugh.png

A lot of my guys love to play in the water stream when I fill up their troughs. One, Bacardi, stands there for me to hose him down when it's hot and even turns to get the water where he wants it!!! I have a friend and her QH mare does the same thing
default_wub.png

Do you mean other than their black rubber feed dishes????

In that case, it is a HULA HOOP! (Reminds me I need to replace the 2 that barely survived the winter).

First I'd have to say ME! Because I'm the one with the bag of candy!
default_biggrin.png

They like the blue plastic Walmart kiddy pools a lot, but mostly when I throw stuff in them like frozen milk jugs or carrots. Also, I don't use the trailer much, but when I pull it out in the barn yard for washing and open up the doors, everyone likes to load up even though they aren't going for a ride.

I"m going to try the hula hoop idea!

ME!!!

thats it! just me.

they dont play with anything but maybe with each other and me....

LOL

Shake likes his stall ball that is tied up with a piece of baling twine. He 'hides' behind it, he picks it up in his teeth and bounces it off the wall, and he sometimes just stands there and gnaws on the handle. lol

Have to add a few more. It was raining today, but as usual the minis were all "out", meaning out of their stalls but clearly not out of trouble. Halters & lead ropes (hung supposedly out of reach) and stall mats joined the list of "favorite items of amusement"!!

I had a boy that loved my kids plastic toy john deer push mower. He would push it all around holding on to the handle, quite the riot. He also loved hula hoops.

I swear that he could play with anything. I tied a grocery store plastic bag on a riding crop and he would shake it like a flag.

He also would take his hanging feed tub off the fence and throw it over his shoulder when he saw you coming with feed. I got so frustrated I pointed to it and said "now what are you going to do about that!" and started to walk away and he picked it up, walked over and hung it back on the gate.

He would take my kids hoppy ball that had a horse head for a handle and pick it up and put it on the backs of the other horses and let it go. Over and over again like he was spook training all of them. I saw him pick up sticks and poke his pasture buddies in the butt with it.

He was a thief of the worst kind and he couldn't walk by a wheel barrow without flipping it.

I do miss his antics, he is now living with somebody that always wanted a horse she could train to do tricks. He was a lot of fun but very exhausting too. His new owner is thrilled with all the silly things he can do. I swear my other horses had a party when he left though
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a good one for ya. I took Shake into the round pen today, his halter on under his bridle with a lead attached to the halter. I had him in his surcingle, crupper and bridle with the lines (not attached to the bit yet) over one turret and the longe line (not attched to anything either) over the other turret. I balanced my whip against the round pen wall while I closed and latched the door. Somehow, the whip fell over and landed on the ground. Shake bent his neck, grabbed the longe whip in his mouth and 'handed' it to me.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
I love my Shaker-Doodle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our mini's favorite item for amusement is our wheelbarrow.

The Wheelbarrow in the eyes of a small equine:

• Is like a "box" from a real expensive toy for a small child.

• The wheelbarrow can be a great way to scratch your belly, bottom or neck, never mind the chewing potential.

• "Or" when your owner is trying to pick up poop it becomes a mecca for a community gathering for everyone to stick their big furry faces into (all at once) to smell that community smell of everyone's poop in one big pile and who know there might be something tasty. Of course while the community is gathering it is generally on top of the poop your owner is trying to pick up.
default_laugh.png

I have to agree it's kinda like people that hang out at the water cooler
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back