What is your horses favorite

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I think I am the meanest mom on this forum!
laugh.gif
My guys do not get anything!!!
ohmy.gif

I used to give them peppermints and baby carrots and after having an IR (insulin resistant) horse, I've gotten very strict!

I will give them celery pieces and the other night I did offer Cody a cooked lima bean...he did not think that was very funny.
unsure.gif

Mostly, my horses think that "treats" are either BOSS or LMF Lo-Carb Complete!!!

My Ruby will eat just about anything, she's stolen a bite of cheese burger from me... And she will snatch a pringle if she gets the chance! But her absolute favorite is grape gatorade. We buy the powder gatorade, and if she has a really good workout we just put a scoop in a big thing of water, (It's about 2 liters) and she drinks it! Or if we're at a show we make sure she's getting enough fluids by just letting her have some... She'll grab the top, tip it, and drink!

The other horses don't really get that kind of stuff, just Ruby... She's the REALLY spoiled one!

-Jessie

Well ours don't get very much...though back in his 'show' days, Shog would steal anything and everything you left within his reach!

After a drive(and only after) the driving horses get a couple of red vines--the real stuff, not the twizzlers!(they won't eat them) They know better than to beg for them unless they've been worked(and done well, LOL).

Ref won't eat much of any type of treat except red vines, not apples, carrots, anything.

My horses get NO titbit's and NO human food
smile.gif
OK I'm Mrs Meany
rolleyes.gif
When the kids had the Arabs at Pony Club Camp I have NO idea what they were fed but do know it involved Amira and a Ham Sandwich and Kiki-D and Coke from a bottle but I thought it better not to enquire further
yes.gif

Back