what is your favourite bloodline

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have so many favorites....

LK Buck the System

L&D Scout

Harlans Rocio- He is not a stallion anymore but was my mare at one point in times sire.. SUPER TEMPERMENT

A few others.... Just can't think of them all...

Landrys Cowboy Del(through Dels Cowboy), and I also really like X-Calibers Little Navajo--he was also a REAL mover, and extremely refined yet with substance when not too many had those traits.
Margo....I am going to be boarding my horse (s) at the barn where Cowboy resides now! He is still an amazing horse at 23 yrs old!! (Still breeding too!!)
default_wub.png

I love the Buckeroo/Rowdy crosses. We have both a grandson of Buckeroo and a grandson of Rowdy. The Rowdy G-granddaughters have finally come of breeding age and will be put to Buck next year!

I like Jandt's Chief Good Thunder (GT) - he gives some amazing action to his foals - I am not sure where he gets it from but I suspect Tattoo
My Sunny is a GT baby. I love him to death! Not a lot of action on this fella but his attitute and willingness go a long way!

Lucy

I like a lot of bloodlines. Rotens Little Dandy for his movement that every one of his get and grand get seem to aquire, I love Blue Boy bred horses for their wonderful heads, but overall, my top 2 favorites would be the Orion line and of course Buckeroo.

MOTION, upheaded, refined.... Century Farms Bey Masquerade. He is the sire of my former stallion (now gelding), he has produced many champion driving horses at the national level in addition to being a World Grand Champion Single Pleasure horse himself. It just keeps coming down the line: my filly, his granddaughter, has that same unbelievable movement. It is just inherent.

I do love the Rhoten's Little Dandy horses, and that also seems to pass along that fantastic motion.

Jess Rocky Rabbit, again for the motion. The offspring I know are pinto as well, bonus for color lovers (maybe he is homozygous? dunno).

Sierra Dawn Uno de Mayo seems to be the sire of several horses I admire, would look at those offspring if I were looking for a show horse.

For the larger ones, I love, love, LOVE Sundance LB Troubadour (ASPC Arenosa). I have several of his get/grandget in my barn right now. My Tru granddaughter, Gaia, is about 35" tall out of a Shetland mare. His direct son and daughter I own are out of mini mares: Esprit, mature at 33", and Colors, may still have some growing to do, is 33.5" at age 2-1/2. I am praying every day that she stays under. All of these horses are soooo pretty, and they can move like anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always had a thing for Hemlock Brooks CockRobin, which Dona of Kickapoo had. (He now lives at Lucky Hart) I hope she doesn't mind me posting these pics of him which were taken of him in his natural state in his late twenties!

Natural beauty!

cockrobin.jpg

cockrobin2.jpg

And so we have 2 of his grandsons!

website1002030.jpg

website1002017.jpg

Which I plan to cross their offspring some day.
default_wub.png

I like Gold Melody Boy and NightHawk. I have two mares that have Gold Melody Boy and would like one day to have a stallion with NightHawk bloodline. I think that would be a very good mix. My stallion is a blue roan grandget of Love Me Tender. He has bred our blue-eyed bay for a 2010 foal. It will be our first breeding here on our little farm so that would make me very partial to Love Me Tender (got to visit the old boy a couple of months ago and he looked wonderful!)

I am so in love with Alvadars Double Destiny, so him ;)

I also LOVE my Dels Cowboy daughter and her daughters... and granddaughters...

And I love the Aerenosa and Abria minis... and so many more... oh boy too hard to pick!
default_smile.png

Bar G's Rock "E" - He is only Shetland registered, but has lots of decendents cleaning up in the Miniature Divisons. These horses tend to have gorgeous front ends and movement. I'm an addict!
default_wub.png

Mike and I have had 22 National and Congress Champions in the last 5 years. All of them go back to Rock "E"!

Edited: Mike just corrected me... 23 National and Congress Champions!
default_smile.png

Nighthawk would be my all-time favorite bloodline. The foals from the Nighthawk line crossed on GMB and/or Blue Boy seem all to be breathtaking, so that's my favorite cross then.

Lets see my Some of my Favorite Lines are

Pleasant Meadows Showtime (not many have heard of him) but he sires Gorgeous Horses and they in turn carry on that Tradition, I own a Son and 2 Grandsons and they are all incredible
default_wub.png

Here is one of My Showtime Grandson's "Allure" - MMMTC Unexpected Ice Storm

Griffith261Fih09web.jpg

Griffith279Fish09web.jpg

Griffith285Fish09web.jpg

All of our mares are either Rowdy, Buckeroo or Blueboy Bred or are a Combination of these Bloodlines. So I guess those are my other Favorites
default_wink.png

I really Can't wait to Cross my Showtime Stallions with my Blue Boy, Rowdy and Buckeroo Mares!

LindaL...that would be Farmyard Frolic? I envy you; I'd give a lot to even SEE the grand old man again!

ClickMini--Well, I am honored! I am the breeder of JESS ROCKY RABBIT, and the very mare I mentioned that is the Tattoo daughter is his dam! He is NOT homozygous, as the dam, my now 27 year old "Sooner States Melody" is a silver bay, sabino but no tobiano...she is solid in color, but with a bald face/white on the lower lip, high white w/ 'points' on the front of the leg in back, and a good bit of 'bodywide' roaning--all classic sabino characteristics--and one blue eye. Rabbit's sire was "Sooner States Rocky", a classic b/w tobiano, listed as of unknown breeding. He was about 32", and a very well-conformed little horse. He was the first stallion I owned; I got him from SLJ in Anthony, NM, who'd bought minis from many of the early breeders, including the Simpsons of Sooner State in OK. Other Sooner States Rocky offsping have done well even at the National level, even though he wasn't bred much at all. I am pretty sure that movement came mostly from his dam, though, and probably, through Tattoo; I also knew Melody's dam, Sooner States Robin, and while an attractive mare, of about 35", I don't recall her having that great movement.

Minimor, thanks for the verification of 'Tattoo'. It seems to often take the perspective of time to see what a horse is really transmitting to its offspring. I think it would be fair to say that Tattoo was a worthy sire.

Margo

I love Limestones "First Knights Billy Idol" There was a beautiful pic of him in the AMHA or AMHR Mag this month it was gorgeous. TJ

Margo, that is very interesting to hear that you are Rabbit's breeder! I have never seen him, himself, I have just seen his offspring and I just love them. Every one I know has got the most wonderful trot, and they are all horses I would love to have in my back yard. :D There is one in Patty Cloke's barn right now, Buttonwillow Rocky's Illusion, that I would give my eye teeth for. There is a mare that used to show around here and maybe still does in the A shows, named Buttonwillow Rocky's Jasmine, that I followed them back to the stall one day to find out her breeding. I have seen and known several of them over the years, and I consistently like them quite a lot.
default_yes.gif

My favorites would be from:

-Boones Little Buckeroo (of coarse)

-Rowdy

-Lucky Four

-Cross Country

-Bond Snippet

-Sierra Dawn Uno De Mayo

-Lazy Ns Boogerman

-Lazy N Red Boy

-GOLD MELODY BOY

-Roan Ranger

-NFC

-First Knights Billy Idol

-CHAMPION FARMS NIGHTHAWK

-Ten Ls

-Nostalgias

-LTD’s

-Fallen Ash Farm

-Chianti

-Hemlock Brooks

Lets see my Some of my Favorite Lines are Pleasant Meadows Showtime (not many have heard of him) but he sires Gorgeous Horses and they in turn carry on that Tradition, I own a Son and 2 Grandsons and they are all incredible
default_wub.png

Here is one of My Showtime Grandson's "Allure" - MMMTC Unexpected Ice Storm

Griffith261Fih09web.jpg

Griffith279Fish09web.jpg

Griffith285Fish09web.jpg

All of our mares are either Rowdy, Buckeroo or Blueboy Bred or are a Combination of these Bloodlines. So I guess those are my other Favorites
default_wink.png

I really Can't wait to Cross my Showtime Stallions with my Blue Boy, Rowdy and Buckeroo Mares!

Oh my....to me Storm is simply gorgeous...wow....

-Carousel Designer Legacy

-Shadow Oaks Cock Robin

-Chianti

-Sweetwaters Texas Spotty

I have others, I just can't remember them right now! These were top I thought of right away.

Gold Melody Boy

Century Farm horses

Rowdy

Lazy N Red Boy

Bond Dynamo

Bond Sir Galahad

Latest posts

Back