What is your favorite horsey related smell?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
What is your favorite horse related smell? I love the smell of cedar shaving that go in the horse stalls. It reminds me of the show days.

Horsey Sweat
default_wub.png

I really think my favorite smell is when you first start to groom them and the dust and horsey smell combine. That to me is the best. I also love how my hands smell after petting my horse, so relaxing

I just love to put my nose 'into' the side of their neck or cheek and inhale that wonderful, natural "HORSEY"scent!

Margo

the smell of ultra in the winter it soooo reminds me of worlds down at the get ready ring oh my!!! Im sure I will have COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease )just from all of that and fly spray and whatever anyone else sprays down there LOL

Edited to remove double post due to "error, flood control" uncertainty!

Apologies!

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:
Soaked Beet Pulp is hands down my favorite 'Horsey' smell, I don't know why but I've always loved it's scent :DOH!

I ditto Margo - nothing for me is better than to hug my horses neck at the end of a crazy stressful day and smell horse.

Head first in mane and neck - THATS my antidepressant !!
default_biggrin.png

2nd would be fresh cut hay fields.

I loove the smell of our bedding, Streufex!!
default_biggrin.png

Also love sticking my nose into the neck of the horses ... sigh
default_smile.png

I have 2, the smell of new hay in the barn and don't laugh at me.... fly spray. There is one brand that when I smell it, it takes me back to my first horse...... way back in the day.....lol.

Three things.......foals breath, it smells like sweet cream.........leather, reminds me of the old days when i had big horses........and a certain brand fly spray I bought 2 years ago, smells of lemon, and makes the horses smell soooo good.(but I ran out and can't find it
default_no.gif
)

That horsey smell of earth, sweat, shavings hair, it is hard to define but their is nothing that can mimic it. Second would have to be soaked alfalfa, in the winter months, I find myself taking a big whiff, and I just smile, spring is around the corner.

Carolyn

Latest posts

Back