What is your favorite horsey related smell?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i just love the horse "smell" in general, especialy when they are sweaty and oh, leather as well.

1) The smell of sweet feed ...especially omlene

2) Pine Shavings

I ditto Margo - nothing for me is better than to hug my horses neck at the end of a crazy stressful day and smell horse.

Head first in mane and neck - THATS my antidepressant !!
default_biggrin.png

2nd would be fresh cut hay fields.
I have to agree. My favorite place to be is with my face buried in their necks, sucking back their smell.
default_wub.png
Unlike dogs, they never seem to smell bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in any specific order ---

The smell of the horses

Shavings

Fresh cut and baled grass hay

I thought I was strange Boss

I like fresh horse poop too.
default_biggrin.png

How about that new horse smell?
default_biggrin.png

I think nice, fresh, beautiful hay is my favorite, but I like the smell of the horses themselves, too.

All of those things.
default_biggrin.png
The combined smell of walking into the barn....horses, shavings, hay, manure.......and leather does it for me too. I get a certain clean but horsey barn smell every so often that instantly takes me back to a big wonderful barn where I learned to ride as a 7 or 8 year old, wonderful memory.

Jan

As I get older Im getting both color blind and hard of hearing but my nose isnt failing! I just love the smell of horses. also in no real order, bran mash, fresh hay, and shavings. Its worth cleaning the barn for the smell. I also like the smell of our tack closet as it still has the smell of an old favorite horse. her things are stored in there. her blanket, brushes, and saddle blankets. she was one I always stuck my nose into her mane. DR.

I just love to put my nose 'into' the side of their neck or cheek and inhale that wonderful, natural "HORSEY"scent!

Margo
Me too!!!! I hug them all the time and do that. And with my biggie, I stand in front of him and put my arms around his neck and hug him, and he will curl his head over my shoulder and hug me back
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back