What is your favorite feel good movie?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly never watch a movie more than once, but some feel good movies we have watched recently are:

Juno

27 Dresses

Cold Comfort Farm

Bee Movie

Shrek the Third

Wendell Baker Story

Good Luck Chuck

Daddy's Little Girls

I have lots of them some already mentioned:

Sound of Music, was raised on it

Murphy's Romance, wonderfully refreshing

Grumpy Old Men, just too good

One Special Night.......also with James Garner and Julie Andrews, a Christmas movie
default_wub.png

Dragon Fly, makes me shiver and cry, Kevin Costner

Becoming Jane. Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy were great in the movie! Plus Ever After and The Prince and Me. I'm just a sucker for those princess movies. :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif

And That Thing You Do! Just because it's about a fictitious band from Erie, a big town in my area, and I like the song. In addition, Tom Hanks is in it.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mighty

Hope Floats

The Mighty has a sad part but the whole movie is really good.

Elizabethtown...just thinking about it makes me smile. One of those small movies that quietly came and went. I recommend it to all
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Orlando Bloom
default_yes.gif

I love the movies Grease and Blue Lagoon. They both remind me of my teenage years.
default_yes.gif

You all have brought up a lot of movies that I own, enjoy, and have watched several times!

Love --

Sense & Sensibility

Pride & Prejudiced

A lot of Julia Roberts movies......

Man From Snowy River

Hildago

I love way too many movies:

Grease, Pretty Woman, Seabiscuit, Dreamer, Man From Snowy River, Dirty Dancy

All of these I have watched at least 10 times each, probably more.
default_laugh.png

I just had to print this topic. To many to write them down and absolutely have to watch all the ones I haven't seen. Sounds like some real goodies! I think allot of the ones listed I have watched multiple times too. A couple more of my favorites are

Dances with Wolves

Quigley Down Under (Dimples to die for
default_wub.png
)

Ultra Violet

War of the Worlds Tom Cruise

Resident evil, all of them

The Fifth Element

Pirates of the Caribbean, all 4

Lord of the Rings, all of them including the Hobbit

Some of the Jim Carrey Movies

Dumb and Dumber

The Mask

Ace Ventura

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Blockbusters here I come!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Oh yeah Moulin Rouge with Ewan McGreger (Obiwon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding Normal

City of Joy

True Grit

The Black Stallion

My absolute all time favorite movie that I could watch over and over is Julia Robert's 'Something to Talk About', drives my husband nuts because I watch it any time I can find it on tv!

Other favorites that I could watch any time include:

Grease

Footloose

Vision Quest

Pretty Woman

well my family is weird... our all time favorite movie is

Little Miss Sunshine.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

We love it, the music, the jokes. We could do without the f-bomb everyother word but oh well.

I come from a long line of good yet slightly different people.
default_wink.png
So I think I really relate to the family in Little miss sunshine, and I LOVE how they come together in the end and join in the dance. In a weird way it is a great family movie about love and accepting those you love for who they are.

All 3 of my girls can do the little dance at the end. Too funny to see a 9year old, 3 yr old and 2 year old dance to Super Freak. We could seriously be the 100,000 winner on Americas Funniest.
default_yes.gif

We also really like

Spirit,

Finding Nemo,

Across The Universe,

Super Star

Zoolander is great too!!!

Lots of great movies mentioned. I enjoy touching dramas, but honestly they don't make me "feel good", they make me sad. Feel good for me is ones that make me laugh. Some that are so stupid they are funny, probably my favorite one of those is "The 40 yr Old Virgin", which I suppose is a love story too. I could watch that movie over and over and laugh constantly.

Little Miss Sunshine
That was a great movie, funny and quirky with some seriousness with extremely interesting characters. That movie didn't get near the credit it deserved.

I do like to watch movies that have "strange" characters, no matter what the plot.

My all time favorite is Where the Red Fern Grows. I'm probably giving my age away, but I was a kid when I first saw it.

Others are:

Man from Snowy River

The Love Letter w/Jennifer Jason-Leigh

It's a Wonderful Life w/Jimmy Stewart

Absolutely my favorite all-time movie is "The Princess Bride." Second favorite is possibly "Zoolander." I could watch both movies infinitely.

I am enjoying this thread, some movies to add to my Netflix queue...

Andrea

Some movies I watch over and over are:

The Long Shot

Primo Baby

Phar Lap

Sylvester

Nico The Unicorn(Personally know Michael Yarmush-he went to school with my brother and they were good friends)

Heart And Souls

The Princess Bride

Labryinth

Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves

Lady Jane

Grease 1 and 2

The Man From Snowy River

Return of the man from Snowy river

Stargate

This is just a few. I have over 1200 movies and have watched them all more than once. The ones mentioned above I ususually watch once a month. LOL

Back