What is your favorite feel good movie?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxi'sMinis

Reaction score
When I was 12 and in 5th grade (1965) my entire class went to Famous Uptown Theater in Washington DC to see The Sound of Music. I have always had a warm spot for this movie due to this awesome field trip. Of course I was in love with Christoper Plummer for years after that. I had the soundtrack of the movie and new every song by heart. To this day if I hear one of the songs that had a skip on my record I expect to hear that skip.

Soooo when I feel bad I want to hear that Rain Drops On Roses song and Climb Every Mountain. Someday I am going to Salzburg Austria!

Hear is an awesome link that has a video with Leisel the 16 year old one of the original kids narrating

http://www.panoramatours.com/DetailSingle....;merchant=sound

and another link to a cool web site for the Sound of Music http://www.sound-of-music.com/

What is your favorite feel good movie?
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,,,, its not a movie.. but I like the "All Creatures Great and Small" series. The one with Robert Hardy and Carol Drinkwater in it.

For Movies..

The Quiet Man

Ella Enchanted

Sorry...just couldn't pick one!
default_biggrin.png

A Walk To Remember

Grease (yes I edited to add these)

Phantom Of The Opera

All the old Frankie and Annette Movies

Elvis movies

Most musicals. Okalmhoma, State Fair, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Just can't help it, my dad got me hooked on all of these

In this order

Sound of Music

Murphy's Romance

Dirty Dancing

Oh yeah Davie you must be a baby boomer?
default_biggrin.png
I'll have to check out Murphy's Romance cause you hit my other fav on the nose!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Yes Shari did the All Creatures Great and Small series, read the books too.

I have a couple of movies that I love to watch again and again

The Notebook

Animal House

Its A Wonderful Life

Beaches

Plus I love the old black and white classic movies

Give me a rainy day and a bowl of popcorn and any of the above movies and I am a happy camper
default_laugh.png

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Grease ..the original one, i love watching it and could probably watch it over and over. Then i also love The Notebook ..im a big Ryan Gosling fan, have been since i was a kid, love his acting.

I love a good Drama movie
default_yes.gif

My all time favorite, that I can quote backwards and forwards:

default_worshippy.gif
LADYHAWKE
default_drool5.gif

I also love:

Last of the Mohicans

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

Gone With the Wind

Sense & Sensibility

Cold Mountain

I am typically a sucker for any type of period romance.

I loved "August Rush". I have watched it over and over and keep the music CD in my car.

Sue

I love the movie "Field of Dreams".

Love the part when he gets to play a game of catch

with his father....and the end where it shows all the

cars coming to the field and gosh I even like the middle

parts.

The movie just touches me.

Hi Mary

Right in the middle of the baby boomer (mid 50's). You can rent Murphy's Romance at most rental places. It stars Sally Fields and James Garner. I think Garner's performance rates right up there with one of his best in The Notebook. Forgot to add that one also. I need to get a copy of Murphy's Romance for my collection--already have the others.

I also like Satuday Night Live, Dirty Dancing and Fried Green Tomatoes. Steel Magnolia's, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn and the Lady and at Christmas they always show the old black and white The Bells of Saint Mary's.

OMG! LADYHAWKE, especially the last battle in the church on horseback between Navarre and the Captain of the Guard! Man From Snowy River (slow- mo Brumby chase is awesome), Dirty Dancing, Christmas Story ("and what do you want for Christmas little boy? How about a nice football?", and Willow...in that order.
default_smile.png

Sleepless In Seattle and Fried Green Tomatoes and Close Encounters
default_yes.gif

default_wub.png

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back