What is your favorite color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun little topic, not sure if its been done yet but here it goes...

What is your favorite color mini? Like if you could design your dream mini what would it be? Whats the one color you seem to have a soft spot for?

For me my favorite, not even sure why would be a rich chestnut with, bright white markings and maybe a blue eye or two? Also a big palomino lover. my mom makes fun of me as I apparently like the "plain" colored ones. I have one thats a flaxen chestnut and a red-dun.

Always been a big paint lover too, but somthin' bout those chestnuts/palominos
default_smile.png

So what about you guys? Care to share?

I like cream dilutes... probably buckskin best
default_yes.gif
All but a couple of our mares are cream dilute, either buckskin, double dilute, or palomino
default_wub.png

This is my favorite shade of buskskin, sported by our own little "Cover Girl":

269012_10150233995498155_522573154_7356172_5156965_n.jpg

267671_10150233995528155_5723109_n.jpg

In order of love:

1. Buckskin

2. Bay

3. Silver Black

4. Black (that includes my beautiful boy Levi, a smokey black, too ;)

5. Double dilute (cremello, perlino)

6. Grey

And, Jill, you can send Covergirl to Ontario when you get tired of her....or if you want to give me a great secret Santa gift this year ;) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say my favorite would be silver bay. I seem to like anything "silver". I also love anything loud, so I'm especially partial to appys and pintos. Love buckskin or palomino pintos, and bay blanket Appaloosas have always caught my eye. But silver bay would be at the top,of course I have two ;).

Dan.

1. Buckskin - especially with a white face and some socks.

2. Grullo

3. Cremello

4. Black and white pintaloosa with black spots on the white patches

Oh... yes, I really do love Silver, too! Dan reminded me
default_wub.png

And, Matt, if I ever do let some of my ladybugs go to new homes, I know I'd feel nothing but good about one going to you! She would be a lucky horse
default_yes.gif

I thought it would be buckskin - pinto of course, but when I got our buckskin pinto, I relaized I like the color of her smutty bay - pinto- dam even better. Of course, the two blue eyes don't hurt either.

Toffee_2010.jpg

But then we got our silver dapple (silver black) pinto Little Wardance daughter - also with 2 blue eyes - and now that is my favorite color:

P1050555.jpg

(P.S. Both mares confirmed in foal for 2013).

I love solid, dark colored horses best (but that being said, I also love my very light palomino to bits - and I am head over heals with my very dark liver chestnut & my two silver bay pintos and my black & white pinto ...... so to me a I guess a good horse is never a bad color :eek:))

Here's one of my black beauties, Ms Susie - I also own her solid black mom AND new solid black baby sister :eek:)

SusieMMHCDSC_0933.jpg

I have always loved palominos, and I do have one mini that's palomino, she's a pale palomino. I also have a silver bay mini that's doing quite the palomino impersonation.

I'm a BIG dun factor fan but mostly limited to Bay Dun and Grulla. I also love my dun factor horses to have leg barring. I find it mesmerizing.

Love the chrome. Want a bright red chestnut or true black with white blaze and socks, blue eyes would be the icing on the cake.

Another color I love is a smutty buckskin.

my number one faves are the red colors, blood bays, bays, sorrel, red duns... then i like blacks, then i like roans, but reds are my favs, i always find myself drooling over the red ones.. lol

Anything with dark points and solid color, meaning NO WHITE!!!NO WHERE!!! (snips, socks, blazes, ect...)

buckskins

bays

roans

grullas

I own 9 minis

1 smutty buckskin roan stallion

1 bay stallion

1 red roan colt

1 smutty buckskin filly

1 buttermilk buckskin roan mare

1 buttermilk buckskin mare

1 bay mare

1 bay roan mare

and

1 silver dapple mare

1. Loud Pintos, pref. black or bay.

2. Double Dilutes

3. A Good Bay!

Blue Eyes!!

My least favorites are Silvers, Appaloosas and Greys. However a good horse is never a bad color.

I currently own a bay pinto, a bay, appaloosa, palomino pinto and a chestnut.. My large horse is a dark buckskin.

My chestnut stallion is the oddest color - very light almost palomino, but not. Lots of white hairs mixed in, such as a sabino or roan but not. Some say silver, some say silver doesn't show on red.. Sire was a silver bay and dam was a chestnut roan.

Blood bay.

The funny thing is, this has always been my favorite color. We adopted Mingus sight unseen, as he simply needed a home, so it was a complete surprise when he shed out his dull brown coat into a delicious, shiny, blood bay.

I also love

Buckskin

Bay roan

Palomino

Grey (esp. fleabitten)

Not a big dilute fan -- I'm not into pale eyelashes and eyelids -- I get enough of that looking in the mirror. And as much as I dearly love my chestnut pinto, I could really do without the pee-stained tail and green legs.

Of course, to quote the old cliché, a good horse is never a bad color.

I dont know that I really have a favorite color as I truly love them all for their own reasons. But if I had to narrow it down, I love black based horses best with a preference towards black appaloosas and pintaloosas! My dream stallion was Alliance Sign On The Dotted Line with his perfect coal black color and spotted blanket. I do love my black based appies I have acquired!

Magic:

316170_10150341753442512_1371498815_n.jpg

Monte:

411006_3644556030504_697064149_o.jpg

Wanna:

550373_10150972852122512_1104861527_n.jpg

Morey:

246590_10150972619487512_1848949146_n.jpg

Ebony:

252903_10150212020302512_3160153_n.jpg

Pinto is number one here. I love buckskin and bay the best. Really dont like chestnut but do like a real deep color with white. We are also fan of dun, prefer bay dun. I am not a huge fan of silver though our favorite mare and her 2012 filly we are keeping are both silver bay tobiano. Have lots of cream here, two double dilute stallions a few buckskin and palomino mares and a chestnut splash gelding.

Marsha

As the saying goes, " A good horse is never a bad color" but with that said.... I love Perlino/Cremello's, black and white tobianos, palominos, blacks, bays and silver dapples!! Oh and usually love tons of chrome but it depends on the horse.

That's a hard one! I like almost all colors but my favorite would probably be bay like my Arab mare. She is a bay sabino. Tall socks, blaze and a big belly spot.

88d79677.jpg

I REALLY like minimal pintos...buckskin, black and white & dark palominos too
default_smile.png

Back