What is your favorite color of horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your colors of preference?

• Total voters
I do love them all as well. However I am partial to the splash and frame overos. The bald face does it for me. I hope in my lifetime to find that buckskin overo or a bay overo flashy flashy flashy.

I really don't have a huge preference with any of those colours; I like all of them and wouldn't turn a nice example of any breed away because of any of those colours. But give me a black or a bay with a star, stripe, snip and four white socks anyday
default_yes.gif
Oooo...and I love greys
default_wub.png

I love red heads!

Shiny & bright standing in the sunshine gleaming like a new penny.

Love blazes and even high whites on the legs.

If they don't have white on their faces then

I like their legs to be solid, too.

I actually enjoy all the colors but almost always,

I will bring a red head home.

My favorite of all is a beautiful shinned up Bay

but I also go for the dilute colors

Buckskin,Palomino,Perlino,Creamello

we currently have:

1 Palomino stallion

1 Buckskin stallion (homozygous for Black)

1 Silver blk tobiano gelding

1 Bay tobiano gelding

1 chestnut Tobiano mare

1 silver Bay mare

1 Palomino appaloosa mare

1 Perlino mare

1 silver Bay colt

and recently sold:

1 Black homozygous tobiano mare

1 Bay colt

1 Smokey Black tobinao colt

1 Buckskin appaloosa colt

So I really like all colors, as long as there is great conformation carrying the color, got a big interest lately in the wildly marked pintos are they splash or overo or a combination of both patterns?
default_wacko.png

I love pintos!!
default_smile.png
I'm partial to bays but love a pretty silver dapple too. Buckskins are nice too though I don't have any. Actually I haven't seen a really nice horse in a color I couldn't tolerate!! My least favorites are the double dilutes. Currently I have all tobiano/splash. 1 smokey black, 6 bays, 1 silver bay, 2 silver dapple, 1 chestnut, 1 dun.

I voted palomino, bay, buckskin, black and silver. My favorite coat patterns are frame overo but I'm a sucker for an appaloosa, but I also love my bleach blond sorrel horses (like the one in my avatar).

Dan.

Hi Brenda!

I am kind of like Kim in my answers! It is easier for me to say which ones I am not as fond of.

They are silver black, silver bay, chestnut, grey, and double cream dilutes.
default_smile.png

Susan O.

My heart belongs to Bay Pintos
wub.gif

But good conformation with a beautiful head and neck will make my heart race!!!!

My all time favorite colors would be LOUD frame/splash/tobiano horses in bay, black and buckskin and I've seen a few sorrels that blew my mind away too!

With that being said, I currently own:

• Bay Tobiano Stallion (minimal markings on body and face but WOW does he have leg chrome)
  • Solid Cremello Stallion + two blue eyes (made an exception for him he has beautiful movement & a lovely pedigree plus he carries cream!)
  • Bay Splash Stallion + two blue eyes (75% white 25% bay)
  • Black Tobiano + Splash Stallion two blue eyes (50/50 color)
  • Black Splash Mare + two blue eyes (dam to my bay splash stallion)
  • Solid Palomino Mare (another exception --- has an amazing pedigree and movement, plus she carries cream too lol) ---> Bred to my bay tobiano for 2011 so maybe a buckskin foal cooking?
  • Solid Silver Bay Mare (yet another exception ---- she is my newest addition still pending an official thread and she is very special to me) ---> Bred to a splash stallion for 2011
  • Palomino Tobiano + Splash Mare + two blue eyes (50/50 color) ---> Bred to my bay tobiano for 2011 so maybe a second buckskin foal cooking or am I partial lol
  • Black Tobiano + Splash Mare + two blue eyes (80% white 20% black) ---> Bred to my bay tobiano for 2011 so either a bay, black or sorrel foal hopefully with splash!
So. . .I have 3 bay horses (1 with silver), 3 black horses, 2 palominos and 1 cremello. I'm hoping that I will get some buckskins and sorrels in years to come, so far we have had 1 sorrel tobiano + splash + two blue eyes filly by my bay tobiano stud out of my palomino tobiano + splash + two blue eyes mare but was lost to red bag. Hopefully 2011 will produce healthy live foals! 

I just got my two mini's. I set out to find color in Tobiano Pinto and I love 4 white socks. My fist pick was a black/white pinto marked nicely, he has 4 white socks and a blaze too. My second mini is a Buckskin Pinto.....to me the best of both worlds. He is also marked nicely and has 4 white socks, black points and black mane nice pinto white spots and a white tail with black in it, his eyes are even a taupe color.....love it.

If I let the potato chip factor grip me hard (but I wont), I could also add a beautiful butter Palomino with the white mane and tail 4 white socks and blaze or star. and a Chestnut with black mane/tail and 4 white socks/blaze or star. I also LOVE solid jet black with 4 white feet.

I recognize I do have a thing LOL for four white feet, they look so cute when trotting around and/or in a cart.

I like any color on a good horse, but with that said I'm a HUGE sucker for a golden buckskin or jet black, and a horse with a lot of chrome.. My dream horse would be a solid black or a really bright bay with a wide blaze and 4 high whites
default_wub.png
:wub

I really like many different colors but my favorite is probably buckskin. We have a good number of buckskin mares here and some perlino girls, too. I think silver dapples and true greys are also very easy on the eyes. I also really prefer solid colors over pinto or appy.

Jet, non fading black is my favorite color. A rich bay would be a second place along with a rich buckskin.

All the pintos; frame, splashed white, sabino, tobiano, tovero.

Mild to wild coloring, just depends on a great body.

Love solid black, and second would be black with minimal white - tobiano, tovero. Whether by design or fate - most of our horses are black or black & white, and I never get tired of seeing those colors out in the pasture.

But it would be fun to see a buckskin out there someday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a nice solid bay or buckskin - the less white the better!!

Altho I do have a few pinto minis, I actually prefer solid horse!

i LOVE red duns.. i love chrome too!! that being said i do not own a red dun mini... i havent found the one yet! haha! i dont have a lot of horses with white either ... kinda 50/50 i am partial to blacks and bays tho! lol

Latest posts

Back