What is your favorite cart/wagon/buggy style?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini MNM's

Reaction score
What is your favorite vehicle style and why? Pics welcome.

I have 2 easy entry carts, and am kicking around different ideas for building something different over the winter. Just wondering what everyone here likes to scoot around in/on?

Thanks,

Mike

I like four-wheeled vehicles.

My FIL built this one for me for Christmas.

Miniwagon.jpg

It's currently set up for a pair, as those are the parts he had available, so we need to come up with shafts for it. I'll only have one driving horse for a little while.

I saw a pony/mini sized doctor's buggy at an auction, I did bid on it, but had to quit. If I had know what they cost to buy new, I would have bid longer. It was so cute and it was in pretty good shape.

I love my Country road cart. Is super smooth,, especially for a two wheel.

Is easy to balance, comes with two different type seats. I like the cloth on the best.

Can get two tire sizes for it in either wooden or wire.

I have both.

Was shopping for a 4 wheel cart and pretty sure I know which one I want. But am waiting because I need to buy a good riding horse first.

Here is the pictures of my Country Road cart. The pictures show the same cart with the wooden wheels and then the wire wheels. Wooden wheels are bigger than the wire ones.

bmaggiecartfrontviewgoodmarch05.jpg

bmaggieincartroadcloseupmarch05.jpg

maggieincartgoodmay05.jpg

Thank You Shari and Chanab.

That Buckboard is really nice, your Father In Law is very talented. I hope that I can put together something that nice.

I like the looks of that Country Cart Shari, I like the wooden wheels, and the way the shafts are set up on that alot.

Thank You for taking the time to share your pics.

Mike

I love carts
smile.gif

For just fun, I have a Frontier easy entry cart that I like a lot. It's fairly light weight and fits a wide range of horse sizes. I also have a really nice wooden easy entry cart w/ patent wrapped shafts that is pretty enough to show in but tough enough to play in. It's heavier, though, than my Frontier cart.

For showing, I wouldn't trade in my Houghton for any show cart in the ring! I've very partial to it and to Houghtons in general. Mine is deep plum with a lavendar stripe
wub.gif

Thank You Jill.

We just got our new Easy Entry from Lignite Carriages in Wisconsin, I put it together yesterday, and had to take it for a spin today.

Our new one has wooden shafts and wooden floor, and the wheels are much larger (26")

NewCart4.jpg

Our older one has smaller wheels (20") and metal shafts and floors.

OldCart3.jpg

The new one fits our horse better, he has alot more room to stretch out now.

Mike

I really like my all wood pleasure cart from Pequea Carriage shop in PA. It is all wood and a bit on the heavy side, but is the best balanced cart I have had for my bigger minis (I have the larger wheels) and it was made with longer shafts to accomodate my monster minis size. It rides like a dream for the passenger due to the full sized carriage springs too!

-Amy

Hey Mike--I keep looking at your avatar at the awsome stalls--do you have a website or can you post pics of your stalls?

-Amy

Hi Amy,

Let's see if this link works, it is our "in-progress" pics as we re-did our barn from saddle horses to our Mini's.

http://community.webshots.com/album/324749526FjAlFS

We had alot of fun redesigning the barn for our new arrivals.

Mike

PocketPoniesVA said:
Hey Mike--I keep looking at your avatar at the awsome stalls--do you have a website or can you post pics of your stalls?
-Amy

533381[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back