What is up with all the mean attitudes lately

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have to add that OTC super glue is not the same surgical glue that's used for tissue repair. It has the same components but not the same formulation, is not sterile and can severly damage tissue. Wouldn't use it myself on human or animal.
I know it is different yet I have had 2 vets tell me it will work in a pinch and a heck of alot more sterile than a needle and thread
wink.gif

Definately agree!!!!
biggrin.gif

Some people are too blunt and don't soften their reply and that is rude IMO, of course!!!!!!

I think I will read less often because I don't need another stress in my life and I get a bit stressed out by some of the comments!!!!!!

Very true what someone said "Some hide behind their computers!", they would not be so brave in public!

Too bad really because this ia such a lively little forum!!
biggrin.gif

It is really quite addictive
wink.gif
wink.gif

I agree....I get tired of the "nit picking" too!!
rolleyes.gif

(gee, I hope I spelled that right!) LOL
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said.... People really dont have to be so rude around here...everyone has there own ways and YOUR way isnt always right! Yours could be right, but so could anothers! Just keep that in mind before you start being such a ~#$*^!. Settle down...and say it in a NICE way!

-Kris

I do realize that some people try to cause problems, but if a newbie comes on the forum, they won't realize that you are responding to someone whose been a pain in the butt and they will find us just plain rude. I don't expect to change people who purposely try to be rude to others, nor will it change people who try to put burrs under peoples saddles. I am just hoping that if I stick my neck out and say how I personally felt about the comments, maybe those who didn't realize they were sounding so rude would try just a little harder to be nice. And for the people who try to make others angry by posting a baited question, you draw more flys with honey than with vinegar. Try being kind to the forum and they will return the favor.

And Geese, I hear ya about the whole treating a horse like a horse. and demanding respect from my kids (yes I said demanding
new_shocked.gif
) I almost never post on those questions because they don't make a suit flame proof enough for me. And ya know what -both my horses and kids keep hangin around (of course it could be that they don't want to miss a meal
biggrin.gif
)

I for one am always wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. There is always many ways to accomplish things, but no matter what, all my ways always seem to be wrong.

I post from my own experiences, my friends' experiences, and then I do research here and there and try to provide a helpful link if I can.

But I'm still usually wrong all the time anyhow.

There is no one else on this board that is wrong 100% of the time like I am. And trust me, people let me know it.

Heaven knows I call them like I see them. And I do try to "see the problem" and then offer "constructive critizism" but that's wrong too.

They say the mind is the first thing to go, so I guess mine already went.

I'll probably just dig a hole and stay in it.

Would that be wrong?

I can honestly say that I have not often had people "come down on me" for whatever I have posted, or contact me privately in a nasty manner.

I hope there aren't many who've taken offense to things I've posted and the "way" I've posted them. I haven't meant any, even if there have been times I have been a bit irritated or perhaps tired of repeating myself, and usually, my best advice for most things is to find someone they trust and with good reason to, ask them for help in a personal and "real life" way so that they can better assess the problem and what could help, as in a vet, or a trainer, etc.

When people get snippy, I do think it is because they feel they are offering good advice and it feels like an insult to have the person then say "no, that's not what I wanted to hear" or whatever reason they are going off, they feel they got slighted.

Not that it is right, but other people DO get offended way too easily.

Thinking that you are a "thread killer" is a bad one. I have often wondered why noone would post on a popular thread after I had, or that my post must have "killed" the thread, sort of like those uncomfortable lapses in conversation that leave everyone looking around for something to say!

Maybe that's the problem is that we try to relate the written or typed word into a realtime equivalent and we add our own emotions, which could be any at the time, and maybe not meant that way, but they come across so.

I HAVE seen some very rude responses and I try to ignore them, as most times it is best to let a thread go away once someone has crossed that threshold.

Please dont' let anyone chase anyone away, it is ONLY a message board, and if someone wants to be that rude, they aren't worth worrying over what they think of you. We've all posted our share of "dumb" things and made mistakes/asses of ourselves, but we suck it up and go on and learn, and soon the "newbies" are offering very sound advice along with the oldtimers.

If someone doesn't like what was said, they can just skim past it and add their own .02.

Liz M.

OK...I'm the one that started the whole "Spell check" debate !! AND I did it genuinely and, I thought and for me(
smile.gif
) diplomatically. I just could not read what this junior member was writing, and that was the end of it. She obviously had plenty to say, ands seems to have no problem doing it, spelt almost correctly, now, so what is the problem?? I can read Lisa's post- I also can read all Ashley's posts- sorry to pick you two out but you are obviously people whose posts I automatically read and thus see them the most- but I just could NOT understand this persons posts- I was going cross eyed. Now- please bear in mind that I have worked with severely dyslexic children, and managed to decipher most of their Homework- needed help with some- Why is it a crime to just drop a line in asking them to type slower or use spellcheck- people even came on telling us where you could download it free if you did not have it- 'geese-, I read all your posts and you know I will disagree with yo if I do not agree- I do not think we have ever actually argued, disagreement on a civil level is how you gain knowledge. I can understand that woman having a fit at you throwing her darling to the floor- could you not have sent her back to the house or asked her firmly if she wanted her horse to die?? (I am assuming this was life and death??) After that, if she did not agree, I am afraid I would have walked away- well, now I would, I do not know when this happened, possible a few years ago I might have gone ahead any way. Over here what you did, and what I have done on occasion, when necessary, is illegal. Only a Vet may give Veterinary care, even in an emergency- so, her, that woman could ( and would) have sued me for a large amount of money, and she would have won!! Even though the treatment was correct. I too treat my horses as horse. They live at grass all year and only the show horses are ever stalled. The horses that were shown this year are all out at grass now. I have no real desire to "play" with my horses and it sometimes drives me nuts when people do, so maybe I do give "snippy" answers. But when people come on and ask for advice, I cannot for the life of me see why they object when they get it!!

Thank You for that. Yea!!!!!! While I am fairly new here. Several commnets to me were very rude. Like I am intruding.

I came here for help and friendly chatter. I have not been in the click so to speak. Few have been nice. I am one that does not type or spell check for it is not on my computor when I respond here. If I am typing at night it is hard to see. Lights off so not to desturb disturb family Ha Ha

I don't know how to add all the funny little smilies are have the need. Strickly business. Their way or mine is not always right.

I to have just about decide not to visit here.

Thank You for saying that!!!

Joyce

js1arab said:
OK, maybe I'm just getting less tolerant in my old age, but it seems there has been a lot of mean and rude, not to mention unnecessary comments on here lately. On the post where Liltnt felt rejected, many people said to just toughen up. Well, I hate to tell everyone, but there are more of us on here that feel that way than have come out and said it because I've had others pm me that felt that way too and I myself feel that way. When I see posts about feeding I see rude comments about how or what one feeds a horse. People will say it is never right to feed this or that and anyone doing so is hurting their horse. There are so many different ways to feed an animal and so many different regions that have access only to certain grasses/hays that I think it is very wrong to outright tell someone they are hurting their horses.

It is ok to offer kind, well intended advice, but we should all be careful how we word things. If we continue to alienate people or tell them how dangerous, stupid, cold hearted, irresponsible or whatever they are for there actions, no one will bother to ask anymore.

I know when the comments were made about spelling quite a while back, there were a few who said they couldn't believe people wouldn't take the time to look back and correct their mistakes or better yet use a spell checker. HELLO...I have went back and looked for mistakes 2 and 3 times only to post and find one I still somehow missed and as for the spell checker...I am still figuring the whole computer thing out and each new gadget I learn to use is a huge triumph for me, but I guess I'm not as far along as I thought because I never even knew there was a spell checker you can download or whatever other than in your e-mail etc. So I would be one of those who I guess you would have said was too lazy to use it...when in reality I just didn't know it existed. I just wish we'd all learn a little patience.

I really do enjoy coming here, but it is getting to the point where I almost hesitate to open anything I think could have even the least bit of controversy because people just don't seem to know how to offer CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. That would be offering your point of view without accussing, hurting, name calling etc.

I honestly hope I have always offered good points of view without making anyone feel less about themselves. I think with the exception of the PETA post I have tried to do that. If I am guilty of what I am complaining of then I apologize because I hope I never make anyone feel the way I have felt reading some of the replys lately. Just my thoughts here and sorry if it sounds mean, but imagine what the people who are on the receiving end of the name calling etc feel like. Even if you don't call the actual poster a name, you may be inadvertantly calling another reader something. On a couple of occassions I have done the things people said would be stupid, cold hearted, ignorant. You know what, everything I do with my horses, I try to think of all the bad scenarios and I have a wonderfully clean record at my vets. I know people who have spent more in vet wrap and medicines for their horses than I spend on all my vet bills including all vaccines and coggins in a year. If you ever doubt anything I do then I suggest you check with any friends, family or vet that I have and you'll see that just because it doesn't work for you does not make it wrong!

OK, I am settling down now and don't even bother with the whine comments. I am not posting this so much for me, I know how to turn off my computer and do something besides feel hurt, but for others who may be semi isolated, this forum is like a family and I just don't like to see people being mistreated. There's too much bad in the world already and this forum should be a shoulder to lean on.

Edited for spelling

467992[/snapback]

I too get bummed out on some of the posts. Or lack of responces when I post something I feel is important questions/concerns to me. Yes, I am probably perceived as ignorant, and I am in a lot of areas re: minis or I wouldn't ask a question. I have been very appreciative to any/all responces I get. Where I live there is a woman near that raises minis but anything I asked was like I was trying to steal top confidential information. Even just questions about feed. I wish there was a feed link on here that had the basics for all newbies such as myself to go visualize when needed and maybe a basic care guide. It does feel awkward to have to ask some of these questions that are like second nature to people who have done this for a long time.And it does get confusing.

Thank you for posting this because I do not see how flaming someone can be productive for anyone.

Fran

Last edited by a moderator:
'geese-, I read all your posts and you know I will disagree with yo if I do not agree- I do not think we have ever actually argued, disagreement on a civil level is how you gain knowledge.

--------------------

I would not have it any other way. Rabbitfitz is a forum member who can speak with the authority of a lifetime of experience. There are many ways to solve every problem and listening to different people provides different approaches to the same problem. Forum members can either choose to glean information from multiple sources or follow the suggestions of members who think on the same lines they do. Her statement about disagreement on a civil level comes in a timely point in this thread. She has paid her lifes dues and has the right to speak (and disagree) with anybody on this forum as do all of us.

Sunseri Farms & OhHorsePee

It does seem like there is a click you have to get into on here doesnt it?

Several of them actually.

Reminds me some what of high school.

I have noticed that since the day I started reading here that it seems like if you are new you need a certin number of posts to be recognized or "in" unless you say the wrong thing then 90% of the forum is right there in your face.

Sometimes that is a good thing though, because some people come with completly the wrong idea and do need to be told what to do and not to do with there mini.

I do think we all need to go out of our way to respond to new forum members topics - I try, since I remember comming here with 90 billion questions and I was very thankful for any and every responce I got even if it was just "Dont know but HI"
biggrin.gif
(For the records I still come with tons of questions and still am thankfull for all responces)

There is a link at the bottem of the page here... wait where is it... well there was a link at the bottem of the page here. Hmmm.

Well here is the link to the mini info pages many questions can be answered there, if you havent been there before.

As far as a spell checker goes..This one is very easy to use and gives many many choices unlike some of them.. I like it very much as you can use it will ALL message boards~! It is a great one and Free~! And does not cause any funky spyware added to a machine either..

http://www.iespell.com/

Marty said:
I'll probably just dig a hole and stay in it.

Would that be wrong?

468382[/snapback]

Yes... It would be mighty difficult for you to write those great stories and poems from a dark little hole.
wink.gif
Besides, we'd miss you. I know I would. Marty, if we didn't live so darn far apart, you are one of the people from this forum that I would definitely like to meet in person.
biggrin.gif

It is ok to offer kind, well intended advice, but we should all be careful how we word things. If we continue to alienate people or tell them how dangerous, stupid, cold hearted, irresponsible or whatever they are for there actions, no one will bother to ask anymore.
I think this is the main concern of the person who started this topic. I doubt, if it is

disagreements because there will always be disagreements but it is adding the rudness, the cut-ups and cut-downs, flaming and flashing butts etc that are what hurts this forum.
sad.gif
It isn't about how many different ways there are to feed a horse , it is about how it is stated. Something that I find offensive , is when a newbie asks for advice, is for someone to imply that it has been discussed too many times already, as if the new person knows this. There are people who have been on the forum for a long time and repeat themselves over and over about some show win or something in their lives, etc. which seems to be well tolerated but if a newbie [heaven forbid] starts a topic about something they don't like they will rudely state how soooooo tired they are of hearing about this topic. If it is old stuff, why contribute to it, but if it is new to someone else than let it be and it will pass much faster!!
yes.gif
No person needs to add to a topic that is old stuff to them and adding just for the sake of being rude and obnoxious is what is now being talked about with this topic. Opinions are great but they can be stated without being rude.

Rabit fizz, you may have the ability to read and understand some things that people write that are not well written because you have worked with that type thing. Unfortunately many of us have not and we do have a difficult time figuring out what some people say...nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with these people who were never taught to spell by our education system. What I have done is asked the person to clarify what they said so I could understand but WOW that didn't work without being torn apart! One other thing, I do hate to see a young person tore apart for how they word something or how they spell when an adult does the same thing and no complaint about it. I hope people understand that not everyone is gifted with expressing what they say in writing [myself included] but it is no excuse for someone else to treat them with rudeness.
yes.gif
JMHO Mary
[/QUOTE]

Nicole, your insight is so great for a young person.
aktion033.gif
You do a wonderful job with your life and bring sunshine to the forum when there are clouds to be chased away.....I would love to have a grandaughter like you
laugh.gif
Mary

New_Image said:
Sunseri Farms & OhHorsePee
It does seem like there is a click you have to get into on here doesnt it?

Several of them actually.

Reminds me some what of high school.

I have noticed that since the day I started reading here that it seems like if you are new you need a certin number of posts to be recognized or "in" unless you say the wrong thing then 90% of the forum is right there in your face.

Sometimes that is a good thing though, because some people come with completly the wrong idea and do need to be told what to do and not to do with there mini.

I do think we all need to go out of our way to respond to new forum members topics - I try, since I remember comming here with 90 billion questions and I was very thankful for any and every responce I got even if it was just "Dont know but HI" 
biggrin.gif
(For the records I still come with tons of questions and still am thankfull for all responces)

There is a link at the bottem of the page here... wait where is it... well there was a link at the bottem of the page here. Hmmm.

Well here is the link to the mini info pages many questions can be answered there, if you havent been there before.

468470[/snapback]

Mary (Buckskin Gal),

I totally agree :)

Susan O.

First of all to Fran--we have never met but I cant wait to meet you when i move to ohio and you can ask me all the questions you want! you have been so helpful to me trying to find a place there!! I feel like we are already great friends. THIS IS WHAT MAKES THIS FORUM SO GREAT!!

I too have noticed some really rude remarks lately that just shocked me and i have been around for awhile. I take note of who typed it (absolutely do not want to buy or sell a horse from someone like that
smile.gif
and then i just move on

there are several posters here that I will not even read their posts because they upset me so badly. I have found this is the best way to avoid forum stress

If you are around and really watch what people post you can get a pretty good feel for who they really are.

I have openly disagreed with rabbit, geese, marty etc but its never personal and i like all of them. You dont have to agree all the time as long as you are respectful. I really think that is the key. Be respectful even when you dont agree.

I think im going to make a special feeding page on my site since this is one of the most asked questions. But then again it will only be my opinion on how to feed based on my experience
smile.gif

Kay

Aw, Kay, you are so sweet! I can't wait for you guys to get over here! You will love it. I already told Ron that I was going to take you out to lunch.
yes.gif
You put the kind in kindness!

Thank you, Nicole! You ARE wise in your youth.

Fran

Latest posts

Back