What is the going rate on transportation of minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I know there are different factors when using a hauler - stallion, mare, etc., if you're on their route, number of horses, but in general what are you paying PER MILE these days?

I can remember when it was $1.00 per mile when gas was so high a while back!
new_shocked.gif
I'm assuming it's lower now. I've just not had to pay for any transport lately so I'm a bit out of touch.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I don't even know if it is an accurate way to calculate per mile. There are so many varying prices out there. The last horse I had transported was in late September. The trip was approx. 1100 miles and ran $500. I found prices with 3 different reputable haulers going $50 higher or lower. She had a full size slant stall to herself.

I went with Hauled Right, I couldn't have been happier with their service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you what I got for a price from Hauled Wright to haul Toffee and her foal from your place to mine... $600 cash. I have no idea how many miles it is, but I liked the plans they have for hauling a mare and foal.

I haven't paid more or less for different ages or genders of horse... paid the same whether it was a weanling or a stallion. I think you just pay for the space... the haulers I've used have all been very good with the horses no matter what it was.

I suggest contacting as many recommended transporters as possible, that's what I do... that way you can decide who can get your horse there faster and at the best rate. Sometimes it does vary, so it pays to ask around. There are a lot of good haulers around, especially ones that specialize in the small equine!

Andrea

I'm shipping a stallion from georgia to missouri and the rate is 450-500 for the 1200 miles. I've gotten quotes from 450-975 so far but most in the 500 range. Just had one call and give a quote of 400 after I just sent another the contract...shoot!

Just got a few bids, not sure of per mile but I have found that most have a minimum.

Hi!

I have had really good luck with Uship.com there, you can list your shipment and shippers will bid on it. You can accept or refuse anytime, you can ask questions, and after the shipment is complete, you can leave feedback (also review feedback left from previous shipments) this keeps the haulers on their toes.

I just hauled Ballistic all the way from Phoenix, Arizona to Northern Indiana for $685.00!!

I had bids from $685.00 to 1250.00

hope this helps!

Jay

Latest posts

Back