What is the deal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
Today, I went and seen my colt and his legs have gone sooooooo much darker!!

Do you think he has the agouti gene or is it just cause he has gotten fuzier or is going more darker/goldener? His dad is a buckskin!

This is a picture before his dark legs

Palley5.jpg

and today,

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03607.jpg

Thanks,

-Gage-

Gage- Agouti does not show on Red- You KNOW that
biggrin.gif
What you are seeing is Sooty possibly or just the darker coat that comes in when a foal is changing coats. Foal coat is NO indication of adult coat, especially with Palomino.

Looks to me like your palomino is actually a silver buckskin
wink.gif
ah the joys of mini colors.

my first thought without seeing parents of course is that there is a silver gene in this horse

His sire,

SquireYvonne.jpg

SquireShadow-Ogden.jpg

his dam,

Palley3.jpg

and just a month ago he looked like this

Palley16.jpg

Palley13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rabbitsfizz said:
Gage- Agouti does not show on Red- You KNOW that
biggrin.gif
  What you are seeing is Sooty possibly or just the darker coat that comes in when a foal is changing coats.  Foal coat is NO indication of adult coat, especially with Palomino.
442463[/snapback]

so what your saying is Palley might be a BUCKSKIN? I hope not, i have waited soooooo long to get a palomino! If he is, Then I will deal with it, but I would rather have a palomino! If he is a buckskin I have DEFENETLY got to find a palomino mare!

-Gage-

Im thinking that he is a silver buckskin too.... can I also make a suggestion???? When did he have his little feet done? In the one pic his hind legs look cow hocked and Sickle hocked .... also his front feet VERY steep. Can you lower his heels front and back a bit....this is the time when his legs are growing the most and it will help him.

Maybe he is shedding out to be a very chocolaty palamino....thats really attractive too I think.... he has a darling head and eye!

Lyn

lyn_j said:
Im thinking that he is a silver buckskin too.... can I also make a suggestion???? When did he have his little feet done? In the one pic his hind legs look cow hocked and Sickle hocked .... also his front feet VERY steep. Can you lower his heels front and back a bit....this is the time when his legs are growing the most and it will help him.
Maybe he is shedding out to be a very chocolaty palamino....thats really attractive too I think.... he has a darling head and eye!

Lyn

442774[/snapback]

Hey Lyn, I think he got his feet done a couple of weeks ago! i dont have him at my place yet, I wont untill September 17th! but i think the farrier will be coming to her place September 11th so I dont know if she can do anything till then!

I sure hope he is not buckskin!!!!!

But if he is, I gues I can learn to like it!

-Gage-

also lyn, some of the pictures are before he got his feet clipped, the ones with the dark legs, those are the ones after the feet cliped, the ones where he has no dark on his legs were before he got them clipped!!

-Gage-

dad looks like a smuttybay. doesnt look buckskin at all to me?? its to hard to tell what color this foal will be until h e totally sheds off and shows his real coat

but like lyn those hooves/legs would worry me. the quicker you try to correct that on a foal the better.

[SIZE=14pt]That second pic is the one that worries me the most. That is an after pic? it would seem that the farrier needs to come at least every 2 weeks for him.... He is really needing leg help there![/SIZE]

added: Sorry if I am offending anyone by saying that about his legs and hooves... It just sort of jumped off the pics and screamed at me.... I tend to speak my mind before asking permission to do so.

Lyn

I think he is going to be a very dark palomino. But whatever he is, he will be cute.

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]That second pic is the one that worries me the most. That is an after pic? it would seem that the farrier needs to come at least every 2 weeks for him.... He is really needing leg help there![/SIZE]added: Sorry if I am offending anyone by saying that about his legs and hooves... It just sort of jumped off the pics and screamed at me.... I tend to speak my mind before asking permission to do so.

Lyn

443007[/snapback]

your fine:) I e-mailed the lady and she said that that picture is a bad picture!! she said next time i come we will set him up cause she said that is really not like him:) He is just kidna getting used to the halter so if he dosent move he will squat down and spread his back legs out!!!

so it is just the pics or the rocks:)

-Gage-

Here is a colt I had last year,

When he was born

f8bb5aa3.jpg

After he shed

f79b5a82.jpg

well, I want to test him, but I dont want to spend the money!!! I might see if my mom & dad will lend me the money for right now, or i might just wait till next summer and see what he clips of!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo hoping a palomino!! what would be best for me is a chocklet(man, i dont know how to spell that one) palomino!!!! Or a REALLY GOLD GOLD palomino!!

Ashley, that is weird, It almost looked as if he had white stockings on, I sure hope Palley dosent have black legs!!

-Gage-

Latest posts

Back