What is the Best Place to Find a Starter Wagon/Wagonette in US or CA?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StardustandBreezysMom

Reaction score
Hi All -

What is the best place to find a starter wagon/wagonette for a team of 32" mini's? I am in the Northeast and it just seems hard to find a used one for mini's. I have "googled" several places including Bob's Buggies in TN, and South Carolina Carriages. I wish Patty's Pony Place in CA was closer but they are on the other end of CA for me. If you have a 4 wheeled vehicle, where did you purchase yours and how do you like it? I am not looking for an expensive show piece but something to start a team with and something that will easily go out on our back country roads. I love the look of the wagonette's with cedar and a bicycle wheel...but is it better to have the heavy duty smaller wheels? What places do you all recommend and what type of wagon/wagonette is best for starting? Have any of you had experiences with the Amish making you a wagon? Since they are not online, it's hard to know who to call and where to go? Thank you!

Are you in the northeast US or northeast of California? If you are close to PA I would recommend Pequea Carriage Shop. They're Amish but they have a website. I've emailed them and gotten an email reply (a scanned photo of a hand written note!). I've had several vehicles made by them including the blue one in my portrait. I know they can ship vehicles but I don't have any idea of the cost.

They have several that would work for what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow they have some really nice ones and good prices too! Google it to get to their site.

The carriage in my pictures is a Pequea and I love it. Very well built and solid. I was lucky enough to get it second hand from someone local to me. While I haven't personally seen their wagons I can attest to the quality of the product and the service I received when I needed some parts. I loved the scanned handwritten note, too.

I can't get to their website?? I'd love to see it.

All I'm getting is hinges on the first two pages of Google and yellow page address info.

Latest posts

Back