What is the average price this yr??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
I just want to see how the prices have changed since last yr or if at all!!

For me-

Colts- 850

Filly-1250

Mares- 1800 & up

My prices have pretty much stayed the same. Except I gave great package deals!! Prac giving them the second one for free:)))

I don't think you can just throw out an average price overall? Unless you mean for those we are selling? I think if you are buying it really depends on what type you are buying, same goes for selling.....

For my two most recent sales, I got $3000 for a mare, and $2000 for a weanling filly. Also got $1500 for a "B" size yearling gelding. But earlier this year I sold several less expensive horses: $500 for a yearling colt (to be gelded), $1000 for a big "B" mare (she was green-broke to drive too), and $1500 for a yearling filly. Prices are kind of all over the place, but the horses that have good show records or parents with good show records, Hall of Fames, etc, tend to get better prices for me. Hope this helps!

I sold an ASPC amhr eligible 3 year old mare for 3500, Friends sold a weanling AMHR/ASPC filly for 4500, AMHR only colt same sire as above filly for 2500.

Top quality horses will still bring good prices.

Lyn

I dont think you can really generalize it as quality, pedigree, show history, producing history ext does vary.

I am just tryong to see how the prices vary from last yr and the economy particully with the horses.

Prices sold range from 1250 - 9000.....including weanling colts/fillies, geldings, bred mares, breeding age stallions, show prospects as well as proven champions..........some on the ends of the spectrum, several in the middle range.

Just depends on what it is......all were nice horses, some just I didn't have room to show, and found the right home for them to be show horses as youth geldings, some very promising stallion prospects, proven stallions, National champions, some that I didn't really want to see leave but made the mistake of pricing and they are gone, but can't complain as they will be out showing with their new owners.

Prices in the East seem to be all over the place. I believe it is the state of the Economy in general that is bringing the lower prices than usual on the horses. It's a Buyers market out there right now I feel.

Joyce

Sold my weanling filly this year for $1350.00 they are weaned no earlier than 4 months.

For the past 3 years, colts for $1000.00 and fillies for $1300.00 (AMHA / AMHR / Pintos)

This year has been about typical as in years past. Show quality = higher prices, pet quality less.

Colts total of 2 3500.00 and 6000 respectivly

Geldings - 8 - 800 - 2750.00

Fillies - 11 - 1200 - 9,000

Mares - 13 - 1500 - 8500

Latest posts

Back