What is it with people and

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ten breeding age mares; THREE are in foal for next year.

I also have two dogs and three cats-- ALL are spayed or neutered.

I just hope that everyone who wants to breed animals thinks it through, and realizes the responsibilities that come with adding more animals to the world.

It's up to each individual person as to how much breeding they do, but please, everyone KNOW what you are doing....

Magic said:
I have ten breeding age mares;    THREE are in foal for next year.  I also have two dogs and three cats-- ALL are spayed or neutered.

I just hope that everyone who wants to breed animals thinks it through, and realizes the responsibilities that come with adding more animals to the world.

It's up to each individual person as to how much breeding they do, but please, everyone KNOW what you are doing....

459309[/snapback]

Ditto here. I also have ten breeding are mares- five are bred, but not confirmed in foal. I have six stallions- at least two are scheduled to be gelded, one is a "maybe". Two yearlings that are "definite" to be gelded. One weanling is a "wait and see". All my housepets and barn kitties are neutered.

We have several horses for sale. If they don't sell, they stay here. Simple as that. No auctions for MY babies.

I breed because I want to improve the breed. I want to create a champion someday... that is my goal. To hear, someday, "the National Champion is... Field of Dreams..."

But there is also nothing like coming home from a bad day at work, sitting in your pasture in the dark and being mobbed by four suckling fillies when you only have two hands to scratch them with.....
wub.gif
which, for me, was tonight....

Of course, you can't say I'm in it for the $$... we had six foals this spring and are keeping five so far...
rolleyes.gif
There is something wrong with THAT picture! Although I would like to sell a few older mares (older being over three- I have no aged mares, everyone is under ten) and just keep my babies this year.

Lucy

Back