What Is A Real Country Person

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are! I’ve lived herd and there. I definitely had my city travelling years, spent A LOT of time in cities in my 20s and 30s. London, New York, Sydney and others to lesser extents. It was partially work related but it I was a moth drawn to light too! My childhood has been filled with open spaces, bush, paddocks, orchards, gardens, ponds. We weren’t in ‘the country’, more the rural fringe of Sydney.

I think the effect on the brain of the natural world, of working with animals, of producing things with your hands in conjunction with the sun and the rain and the soil brings a rush of great joy and peace. I think it is so important that kids get out in the mud and muck and climb trees and roll in grass and be around and handling animals, including some of the bits that aren’t just fluffy and cuddly. Some of the tough stuff too. Birth, death, poo, etc. It’s just enormously important to their health and resilience. I’m happiest when I watching my kids getting muddy around the paddock!! I am not drawn to the city at all but we stay kinda close as my husband works at big city hospital.

Have a good night, Dick L.

Attachments

• 784146F8-9669-4562-BA68-7084AA3AD92E.jpeg
    784146F8-9669-4562-BA68-7084AA3AD92E.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 4
Nope! Not a country person!

I always dreamed of moving to the country and we finally did for a couple of years, that was 2 years too long 🤣 We lived on 10 acres in the middle of no where 😝 Kroger, the feed store, Walmart, basic shopping was 50 minutes away. There was a small town only 20 minutes away but restaurants were only open Wednesday - Sunday. For us, the land itself was just too much work. As soon as I would get finished mowing one pasture, the next one needed it, it was never ending.

We high tailed it back to the city. 😍 Now we live about 15 minutes from Fort Worth on 2.5 acres and we absolutely love it!! Kroger is 4 minutes away, Walmart is 6 minutes. Restaurants everywhere and are always open! The land is the perfect size for us, very manageable. I say I have city horses now, always going shopping with me or to one of the city parks. I am finding so many more activities to do with them now that we live close to the city.

Glad we got to experience the country life when we did, but will NEVER be retiring to the country. 💕💕

When I was a kid my best friend Iived in the country and had a horse and I lived in town. She called me City Slicker and I called her the Country Bumpkin. She wanted a fancy life style and I wanted a horse and over the years that's exactly what happened! Now we refer to each other in the reverse. 😊

I always dreamed of moving to the country and we finally did for a couple of years, that was 2 years too long 🤣 We lived on 10 acres in the middle of no where 😝 Kroger, the feed store, Walmart, basic shopping was 50 minutes away. There was a small town only 20 minutes away but restaurants were only open Wednesday - Sunday. For us, the land itself was just too much work. As soon as I would get finished mowing one pasture, the next one needed it, it was never ending.

We high tailed it back to the city. 😍 Now we live about 15 minutes from Fort Worth on 2.5 acres and we absolutely love it!! Kroger is 4 minutes away, Walmart is 6 minutes. Restaurants everywhere and are always open! The land is the perfect size for us, very manageable. I say I have city horses now, always going shopping with me or to one of the city parks. I am finding so many more activities to do with them now that we live close to the city.

Glad we got to experience the country life when we did, but will NEVER be retiring to the country. 💕💕
And that is what personal contentment is all about.
Philippians 4:11-13

And that is what personal contentment is all about.
Philippians 4:11-13

Yes, 95% of the time! I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and grew up in Green Acres, literally. Played in the woods, creeks and rode dirt bikes and went surfing after school. As an adult I lived in Caracas, Bogota, Havana, Miami, Tampa, DFW and numerous other big cities but always went back to the woods. We now have a few acres on the edge of the Withlacoochee Forest. My fife and I love the city for lunch, shopping and fun but we have to be able to escape to our little farm.

I'm all country and kinda antisocial too, LMAO!!
I grew up in the city and always wanted to be on a farm. It took me a while and a couple of moves but now I'm on 100 acres and can't see a neighbors house from mine 😁. I am 10 min from town with everything I need, 30 min from somewhere bigger with more ( I almost never go there), and 2 hours from the city, I've only gone back there once in 16 years to take my mother to the doctor before I found her one she likes closer. It's actually getting too busy in town for me but I'm putting up with too many people around when I go in, I love my farm and am never leaving, it's my little corner of heaven🥰

I was country until the suburbs over ran my small town. I told my hubby once that you know you're a real country boy/girl at heart when the highlight of your Spring is the day that the outside tap unfreezes and you don't have to lug H2O to the barn from the house.
We are looking to move more "country" but unfortunately due to the hot real estate market and peeps moving from the city and building, the "country" keeps moving further away. Machias Maine was on the list, as was Vinylhaven Island, but no farriers on the island, lol. The horses comforts come first :D.

And YES to the Carhartt jacket Diana! I live in mine!

Well... I'm from Saskatchewan. You might have to look that up on a map. It's a great big mostly prairie and boreal bush in Canada. Moved to Alberta and currently live in a rural town. It's a great mix of neighborly support and a bit of regular issues (drugs/theft). My regular spring attire is a mix of mud and horse hair. My favorite fragrance is eau to cheval avec du prentemps. We do some fishing, my partner hunts, we own a reasonable amount of camouflage and drive pick-up trucks.
But in the summer, I like to class it up by riding my Kawasaki Ninja in addition to the horses!!!

Attachments

• 1005702_531927726871598_123165120_n.jpg
    1005702_531927726871598_123165120_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 59531692_10156386217246909_6767850400922992640_n.jpg
    59531692_10156386217246909_6767850400922992640_n.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 4
  • 109036912_10157608001966909_4881978598911627144_n.jpg
    109036912_10157608001966909_4881978598911627144_n.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
Back