What is a Double Mane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Okay i've been doing so much reading up on Haflingers and other draft ponys and i've heard about a doule mane. First what it is and second can mini's have one? How do you tell?

we had an older rescue mare here that had a true double mane. A double mane is when it has a line down the middle and falls to each side of the neck and is just as thick on each side. She has the most beautiful mane i have seen but man was it hard to trim her bridle path!!

[SIZE=14pt]I have a haflinger and she had a true double mane also. It was very pretty but was very hard to manage. I put it to one side now but ocasionaly it goes double again.[/SIZE]

I think my gelding has a partial double mane. No matter what I do the top half of his mane always splits down the middle. It drives me crazy.

ohhh i see what it is now. Thanks

I think thats what coco had! But when we got him it was mid winter and he was pure fluff ball so i kind of thought it was that. But it was on both sides ..not evenly though. Like the top was on the other side and the bottom of the mane was on one side.

When i cut his bridle path it was about 1 1/2 - 2 inches wide ...is that normal?

I just figured it was from them previous owners not really brushing it and letting it go crazy ...maybe it was a double mane

Back