What I detest about mini auctions.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is horrible for someone to give up their mares like that. Especially if it is a mare they have had since birth. It is very cold

The reason a mare and foal are separarted during an auction is because the most money possible is wanted for these horses. Often times more money is received if the mare and foal are sold separately. Yes it is all about money....I have seen it with my own eyes and makes me sick to my stomach. I hate horse auctions especially miniature horse ones because the horses being sold can end up in the worst of places. Mary

capall beag said:
OK, can you tell I have never been to an auction!Why would a mare and foal be seperated at the auction?

Would this mean, the foal was not weaned prior??

I can't believe a "respected" breeder would not be embarassed to be associated with such poor bahaviour

459460[/snapback]

Fizz raises another issue that has concerned me at every auction I've ever attended......WHERE is the local Humane Society or ASPCA with all the thin, sickly horses that come in the ring?

If officers, empowered with enforcement of humane animal treatment, were to confiscate the animal and subsequently fine those trying to sell neglected animals, then perhaps the individual would find another way to "make a buck" and leave horses alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back