What has been the biggest hit to your ego lately? Share your stories

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG this just happened to me last week. I'm nearly 6' tall, so I can kind of understand. He said it while looking down; I said "I don't think so" and he apologized and said he wasn't looking (which is a poor excuse). Hopefully, he doesn't make that mistake again, soon.

LOL at least I'm not the only one this happens to
default_rolleyes.gif
I know the people always feel really embarrassed when they make the mistake but hopefully it teaches them to LOOK at their customers
default_new_shocked.gif

Ohhh these are so funny - most of us have experienced these or someday will.

Mine happened just before I became 'aquainted' with Ms Clairol.....

I was at the mall, where I hate to be anyway, but needed something other

than barn clothes to wear to an event...

There was this darling little girl hanging out with her Mom while she shopped.

You could tell she was bored with shopping and so she was playing peek a boo

with me. It was more fun playing with her than it was looking for clothes.

Let me qualify this by saying,
default_smile.png
I started graying when I was about 17....not a lot but

definitely had obvious gray hairs in my dark hair.

At this time I was 36. As this little girl walked away she said,

"Mommy, can a lady have gray hair like grandma, but be young like you?"

I bought my first box of Ms Clairol on my way home.........

Now I'm priviledged to be of an age I can just be delightfully silver
default_rolleyes.gif

I think its great that you posted. I also think it is absolutely refreshing to see a guy share his true feelings!!
default_yes.gif

well I will probably be the only guy that post on this topic but oh well.
I used to be pretty big. I have always carriered my weight well and most would never dream I weigh what I do. Muscle does weigh more and I have always had my fair share. At one point I was around 350 but not the 350 you think. Even at that weight I wore a size 38 waist. I was way bigger then I wanted to be so I decided to loose it and boy did I. In about 14 months I dropped down to 165. I was lifting weights 3hrs a night running mountain biking you name it I was doing it. When Amanda and I meet 3 years ago it slowed a lot of that down. I wanted to spend time with her. I did put some weight back on but not a lot. when I was 165 a lot of people thought I was sick. I decided I wanted to knock a bit of it back off and I have been back in the gym for that last 4 months. I have lost about 15 pounds though I have moved more then that around. Felling pretty good about my self getting the V shape back. Then in a 2 weeks time I had 6 different people come up to me and say " Your wife must be feeding you good, you sure are filling out." Which we all know is just a southern way of saying boy you sure getting fat. The first time I blew it off but after 3 or 4 times it started to really get me down. Even to the point that I missed a week at the gym.

I know guys are not supposed to let things like that get to them but it did.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had three occasions in my life where someone has actually called me a "Sir"
default_new_shocked.gif
I regularly get called "sir" on the telephone. Although I sing soprano, my normal speaking voice is pitched a bit lower. Especially first thing in the morning, when I'm almost a baritone! I can see how it happens, "hello" doesn't give you much to go on. With a few more words, the caller realizes their mistake, and I get to hear their embarrassment and confusion! It doesn't bother me, it's almost always someone trying to sell me something anyway. The funny thing is, I've heard my husband on the phone countless times, his voice actually goes up in pitch!

This sort of thing doesn't bother me at all, I've been "one of the guys" all my life. No, what gets to me is when I wind up looking like a total klutz, usually with an audience. I manage to do plenty to embarrass myself, no need to make someone else do it!
default_wacko.png

I get called sir daily at work...numerous times a day probably. I do not sound like a man on the frequency (Air Traffic Control), but I can get a very aggressive voice when need be. I think it is just habit for pilots to say it, as Air Traffic is a man-dominated field. I'm not even sure they realize they are doing it.

I've had people call me sir several times too. Of course they always correct themselves, it is probably a mistake. Oh and as for ma'am it probably is a polite southern thing. I've been called ma'am by people way older than me and I'm only nineteen.

Have to share I had one a few wks back.. Its more funny and embarrassing, but it still bothered me.. I was swimming in our landlords pool, and forgot about the time. I had to get to the feed mill before they closed. So i just threw on my shirt and shorts over my suit and the way I went. Well I got there and the one guy that waits on my all the time way not saying to much to me and kept looking at my chest. Thenhe just came out and said.." Hey Honey, I hate to tell you this but you sprung a leak, and congrats, I didn't know you were preg..
default_wacko.png
:DOH! One, I don't feel that I looked preg. and two that was very embarrasing to look down and see my "chest area was soaked" Once I explained he said he was sorry, but it still bothers me. And besides, after I gave birth to my daughter, I had a hsyto, so it would be a miracle to even get preggo..
default_wacko.png

Jodie

Couple years ago, I worked as an accountant for a local trucking/gravel facility. While waiting to speak with a co-worker, I walked to the front and made chit chat with a few customers.

The last person I tried to strike conversation with made me feel invisable. Truly like a ghost! I said to him, "sir" several times as I stood beside him, and he wouldn't respond. At first, I thought he was deaf. Then he paid the cashier, gave a bright smile and told him have a great day. I stood in shock. I've never been ignored, and made to feel less of a person. But he did it (the old man).

Days later, I walked in the front area to check on something and a large man stated in front of everyone, "you must be the owner". I looked over and he stood looking right at me (while the owner, his daughter who hired me, and other employees were catering to him...because he was purchasing thousands in product.). I polietly smiled at him. Inside, I beamed with delight. I guess because the owner was intense and I loved being looked upon with respect right in front of him and his kronies.

Soon enough I was fired from that company for the most stupid reason. (I think someone was jealous) I told my husband, that place wasn't right for me anyway. But I'll never forget how invisible I felt standing beside that man, realizing what he did...It was like I was dead. People can be so mean.

Back