What happened to the old threads for back porch?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Probably me and my computer, since nothing is working right today. But I was trying to search old Back Porch posts, and I only have one page of posts, and I know there are old posts. And, when I use the search feature on the Back Porch, my computer as good as locks up.

That seems to be a problem all over the board. I was trying to log onto old posts from several years to find out what happened to the poster with the mini Oh So (I think that was his name)

All still there.. It just takes some pretty exact queries to bring up archived topics. Just today I re-read a post from 2006.
If you can tell me how you are trying to search I'll be happy to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one page on the back porch. But, I was trying to go through old posts to find information about who does websites.

I can no longer update my website, not sure what happened, other than it's not compatible with IE for editing, it did little to no good for me to try to install Foxfire so I could edit, uploaded one picture, then it screwed up my paragraphs. But, not being able to edit is not good. It's a free website, and I'd kind of like to keep it that way, but I don't like how the couple sitebuilders I tried, too complicated for me. My current site is thru webs.com and it used to work for me, and I understood how to edit and update; but just can't figure out others I tried.

To search for old posts you'll need to use specific key phrases. Choose whether you want to search posts and/or titles, choose the date range, and check the "search archives" box. Also if you choose "match any word" sometime that helps.

To answer the question you have, I'm thinking a free Webs .com account can only be updated with their site builder. I may be wrong but I do not think you have access to FTP to make your changes nor will have the ability to use another site builder to update it. If it just suddenly quit working for you contact them and see if they can help you resolve it.

You are right it's hard to find a free or low cost site builder that is easy.

For help from a Webmaster here is LB's Web master/designers page: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/breeders/web/index.html Out of the two, I highly recommend Jean Barnhill Rudick.. not that the other ones not good too LOL.

Others who see this may be able to p.m. you who they use and recommend. If you have a specific question, and I see it, I'm always happy to help anyone so ask away!

Thank you Debby, I have gone to Webs.com to use their site editor and with computer updates and internet updates my system is evidently no longer compatible with them. Everytime I try to work on my site and follow their instructions, I lose something else. And, I contacted Jean, last night; and I'm leaning towards skipping the freebie, pain in the behind route, and going with tried and true (once I have funds available, the equine dentist was here this weekend, so budget shot for awhile).

I've spoken with others who have the same problem with the free sites software eventually not working. Good luck with what you decide to do. I feel for you and definitely understand the money part since I'm in the middle of some Vet. bills myself.

Thank you Debby, I have gone to Webs.com to use their site editor and with computer updates and internet updates my system is evidently no longer compatible with them. Everytime I try to work on my site and follow their instructions, I lose something else. And, I contacted Jean, last night; and I'm leaning towards skipping the freebie, pain in the behind route, and going with tried and true (once I have funds available, the equine dentist was here this weekend, so budget shot for awhile).
I snooped at the link (HC Minis) below your signature, and viewed the source; it doesn't seem too complicated, if a smidge outdated. If there's something you need to do to tide you over, I could maybe help? (I'm not sure what you're saying about web design and browsers; because I don't know who would want to do html in a browser.) Anyway, from a former Montana native to the nut job who would live near Scobey (brrr... shiver...) I could try to help you.

I snooped at the link (HC Minis) below your signature, and viewed the source; it doesn't seem too complicated, if a smidge outdated. If there's something you need to do to tide you over, I could maybe help? (I'm not sure what you're saying about web design and browsers; because I don't know who would want to do html in a browser.) Anyway, from a former Montana native to the nut job who would live near Scobey (brrr... shiver...) I could try to help you.
Thank you. I'm going to give Weebly a try. I've started a new website, a long way to go, but it's a start.

http://hcminis.weebly.com/

So far, it's letting me edit, so that a huge improvement.

good job! you've been busy. I like your mares and that's a real nice looking stallion you have there.

I would love to just pay for a site and be done, let someone else do the work; but that isn't in my budget.

There is more work to do and I think eventually I'll make separate pages for mares, geldings and stallions, but I got the basics all in there.

And, I'm guessing you are talking about Topper; thank you. [Not that Che` isn't a nice little stallion, but most go ga-ga for Topper. I know I did, and that's why I brought him home.]

LOL he was one of my favorite mares! scrolling down I thought WOW on Paper Mache`! I Love a silver buckskin. I was really paying attention to details wasn't I?
default_whistling.gif

LOL he was one of my favorite mares! scrolling down I thought WOW on Paper Mache`! I Love a silver buckskin. I was really paying attention to details wasn't I?
default_whistling.gif
Guess I better get the boys separated from the girls. I love my little Che` man, he's very much a senior gentleman.

Debby, you better check out the foal page, then... Manny is either silver buckskin or silver Smokey black.

I think I'm done for now, but I did separate mares, stallions and geldings. Put the donkey on the mare page, and perhaps one day, I'll need a sales page, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Back