What else could it be?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spindleberry

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed what looked like a testicle hanging down on Splash. He is suppose to be a gelding. I felt him and whatever I felt is small probably around a 25cent coin maybe a bit bigger then a coin (He was quite touchy in that area). Splash is suppose to be around 5yrs old. What could this be if its not a testicle?

He doesn't act studdish and I haven't seen him act that way when he was at his previous home either.

Thanks in advance!

Is it possibly a hernia? I'm not sure what could fall thro the same ring as the testicles but it is definitely something I would be concerned about. The best thing would be to have a vet examine both boys. A general check up would get them off to a nice start if it is an option for you. (I know about difficulties with vets not doing farm visits etc.) The other possibility I can think of is a sarcoid .

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very likely just scar tissue--it's not uncommon to have a gelding with a small lump like that in that area. I noticed the other day that I have one with the same sort of thing--and I know very well he was gelded, with two fully removed, so it can only be scar tissue.

Thanks for the replies!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back