What else could happen....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I am in major overload today.....

I have a week before the big trek to Kentucky with Moxie and the 3 pups.....a week at a hotel with that many dogs is going to be an experience....

I have been going non stop for the past couple of weeks, trying to get work wrapped up so that no one is waiting for anything major before I go, trying to get Anoki back into shape after his 'it's too da*n cold to ride' lay off, and trying to make sure I have everything I need before I attempt to pack ALL the stuff into my CR-V....this of course means leaving room for the dogs as well
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Yesterday I was grooming Anoki...picking out a back hoof (which is shod I might add) and he spooked.....yep....dropped his big honkin' foot, toe first onto my foot....OUCHERS!!!!!! I was sooooo ticked that I rode anyway....probably not the best idea, but oh well.

I have at least one broken toe, if not 3 of them, which are taped together...and my foot is quite swollen....yay for me....and now I have to worry about whether I can gimp through showing Moxie or not
default_no.gif
default_gaah.gif
LOL

I don't do 'sit on my butt with my foot up' well to begin with, and when I have a thousand things that need to be done..... :arg! oh and I forgot I have to look after the neighbour's horses for the next week too
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

default_biggrin.png
:DOH!

~kathryn

Sounds normal to me !!!!!!

Hey, you are going to be ok. Your toe is going to heal up in time. Everything will fall into place. You are just getting anxious and a bit overwhelmed and that is normal! You won't forget anything, but you might want to leave some post it notes around just in case. Now settle yourself down young lady and get you a nice hot cup of herbal tea and watch some Lifetime movie tonite. Hugs to you always ((((( ))))

Thanks Marty
default_cheekkiss.gif

I did actually get a bit of work done yesterday....though it was a little here, sit, put my foot up, do a little more....

Today I got a table cover done that I am taking with me as a donation for the show.....I need to start doing stuff and not putting it off to the last minute!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL

I am hobbling around a bit. When I wear the right shoes, my foot isn't bad, but I can't walk on it normally yet. It's actually better when I'm moving, but I think that is because I can't feel the swelling the same as I can when I'm just standing! :DOH!

Thankfully I had already gotten most of the dog crates together in the garage ready for the big pack, so I don't have to lug those up the stairs now....I'm not looking forward to cleaning the car and packing it....I wasn't looking forward to it before I hurt my foot, now it's going to take that much longer because I'll be super careful about how I move....
default_sad.png
Oh well, it will get done...and what doesn't get done probably isn't that important anyway....

~kathryn

Kathryn.....

All I can say is "ouch"........ and hope you are feeling a little better....... Don't you wish you could assign a

task to each of the puppies and you sit there with your foot up while they get ready for your trip?......

I do hope you take it as easy as you can....... and good luck at your upcoming show!

Hey if you need help with those pups in Kentucky, swing on by Quebec and pick me up. I am going stir crazy. I am off work until mid to end of May.
default_wacko.png

Oh no, Kathryn! That must hurt!!!

You'll be ok....once that old adrenalin gets pumping you'll forget all about it. ;-)

Shelley

In the farrier world we call that being torpedoed.

It is, without a doubt, the most painful way to get stepped on.

For what it's worth, I know your pain and you have my sympathy.

Thanks everyone!

journeysend, I immediately thought of my farrier as soon as Anoki had done it. Not that Anoki's done it to him, but he has spooked while he was working on him before.

I did way too much over the past 2 days, so I am feeling it today already.....
default_sad.png

~kathryn

Am like Marty...sounds normal.
default_wink.png
But annoying at the same time when you have to travel!

I know things will go well for you once you are on the road!!

Hope you heal quickly and enjoy your trip.
default_yes.gif

kathryn, when do you leave and will you have access to internet so you can check in while you're gone and how long will you be away and BEST OF LUCK IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!

kathryn, when do you leave and will you have access to internet so you can check in while you're gone and how long will you be away and BEST OF LUCK IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!
LOL Charlene!!!!

I leave on Sunday (13th), come home the following Sunday (20th), yes I will have Internet access while I'm gone...I've borrowed a laptop, and THANK YOU!!! I am going to need the luck, if only for the part of dealing with the puppies while we are gone!!!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
I have someone lined up to show Moxie in conformation for me.....I couldn't begin to gait her properly in the ring the way I am right now....maybe I'll be ok by next Friday, but I thought just in case I would rather not need it then be scrambling to find someone....

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back