what does everyone do for a living

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
i have my own business

iam a mobile dog wash. .just love being out side with animal......
default_yes.gif

I co-own a financial planning practice and have for the past 16 years. We focus on fee based money management, income planning, and guaranteed annuities. I also do a weekly radio show, the Financial Safari, that revolves around these things and how they can help people make sure their money lasts as long as they do. It's so much fun doing the radio show
default_yes.gif
... and I love what I do for a living! You can check out my professional life, and some prior radio shows, here on my business site: www.smart-money.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I have worked for the state of Ohio for the past 26 years in Information Technology. Started out as a Programmer Analyst and my current title is Senior Business Analyst. Currently on loan to the MITS (Medicaid Information Technology System) project which just went live in August and have been doing full time password resets which believe it or not has been a refreshing break from all of the intense brain draining for the past several years. That work is slowing down so who knows what comes next, hoping to find some kind of lone work to do as that fits my Asperger's better than being a Business Analyst which involves meeting with our customers and digging to document what their exact business requirements are for new computer applications.

Government work doesn't pay as well as private industry would have but the benefits make up for that, as long as the rules don't change.

I was hoping to retire at 30 years but we will have to see how the economy goes.

I'm a Quality director with a major Pharmaceutical company (yup, that's me, I'm part of "Big Pharma"). Really like the company I work for, I work from home when I'm not traveling, and get to go to Europe about 5-6 times a year, New Jersey a couple times a year, and assorted other trips on occassion - gives me lots of frequent flyer miles! Love working at home, lets me set my own hours so I can maximize "horsey" time, and I have a great back up team of people who help me out when I'm traveling!

I'm a critical care flight paramedic - ride in a helicopter and see some pretty interesting things. Although I have a really great schedule, I want to stay home like Flying Minis........it's COLD outside.

default_aktion033.gif
After working most of my life I get to stay home now and do whatever I want
default_aktion033.gif
Kids are grown. Hubby works, we own a business.

I am an Air Traffic Controller for the Federal Aviation Administration. I love what I do, but I cant wait to retire...onlu 7.5 years to go.

I'm a retired pet groomer, and before grooming pets for over 20 years I was a Vet assistant and before that I worked in a animal lab working with rabbits for cures for diebetes, cancer and the like. Now I'm a stay at home horse caretaker, should I say slave laborer, I sometimes feel like the post office, in rain, sleet, snow, and hot sun I do my job, but what a lovely job, even if I don't get a pay check anymore. Hubby still works though and probably will never retire, someone has to pay to feed all the fur babies, cause they sure aren't selling in this economy.

Our unworkable acres are inhabited by miniature horses.(30 acres)

My husband formerly was a claims officer in the office of Ford Motor in Talbotville and I was a bank manager with Bank of Montreal.

After retirement from BMO I went to work at a credit union as a Senior Manager in sales and today I am still employed by the credit union on a contract basis sourcing business opportunities.

We have both reached our 70's so should be starting to take it easy soon.

I get to stay home and work! I teach English for an on-line public high school. It's a great job where I get to work with so many different kinds of kids and help them reach their goal of graduating from high school. My schedule is flexible, so it works great with the demands of our little farm.

I work at a horse barn that does EAP (equine assisted psychotherapy) they have 19 horses big and little. I also clean a few houses to help pay for my critters. I love my jobs,flexable hours and I work for great people
aktion033.gif

After working at various jobs my whole adult life (actually since I was 15), which has included many different customer service-type jobs and owning my own video store for a few years, I have been a "stay at home fur-mom/wife" for the past year. I do plan to go to school, but need to officially become a Florida resident to do so and I haven't yet given up my Oregon driver's license...lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Sometimes I do miss working (being around people), but I am also enjoying having time off, too.
default_yes.gif

I work for two different Community Living associations supporting adults with developemental disabilities living in group homes.

I run my own business and am a Saddler, though I stick to making strap goods (halters, bridles, girths, etc), saddle repairs & fittings and focus on the English disciplines.

Because the economy has been the pits the last few years, I have also started grooming and boarding more dogs than usual.

Most recently I started working for a neighbour. They milk 250 head twice a day, and are quite flexible on the days that they need me to work, so I'm able to work everything around everything else! It's nice and handy though...takes me as long to bike over there as it does to drive
default_laugh.png

~kathryn

I am a Registered Nurse in a spinal and orthopedic specialty hospital and manage the pre-op and post anesthesia care areas. My husband owns a meat processing plant on our property and is a competition BBQ cook, as well as having his own line of spice and marinade products which he sells online. It is wonderful having someone at home to check on the horses when I have someone that needs to be checked on during the day.

My husband and I raise Red AngusX cattle and in addition I have a small on-line quilting supply business.

Previously, I did mostly service type jobs, and my last was as a bank teller (then I got married, moved to the middle of nowhere, so quit, as it was too far to drive and still have anything left after paying expenses).

I always love these threads because someone always responds who has never responded before so it's always very cool!
default_yes.gif

I have a very boring job.
default_no.gif
I am a Senior Project Manager for a very large, international, privately held financial services company in the IT department. I've been with this firm for 11 years but have been in IT as either a people or project leader for about 20 years. Before that I was a Business Analyst for a managed mental healthcare company. Loved that! Hate what I do now. I know Jill loves her job but I find finances to be extremely boring. I just do. Sad. But it pays the bills and keeps the horses in hay.
default_aktion033.gif

I am a Registered Nurse in a spinal and orthopedic specialty hospital and manage the pre-op and post anesthesia care areas. My husband owns a meat processing plant on our property and is a competition BBQ cook, as well as having his own line of spice and marinade products which he sells online. It is wonderful having someone at home to check on the horses when I have someone that needs to be checked on during the day.
Wilma, your hubby's BBQ stuff and line of spices and marinades sounds very interesting. Maybe PM me the website as we love new spices and marinades to try.

My husband and I own a game design studio. I'm the Managing Partner.

I was previously a marketing analyst for GE Capital.

Latest posts

Back