What do you use to bait your horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizzle's Gal

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see what all of you use to bait your horses in halter. Plaese tell me!!

It depends on the horse. With a filly that I showed at one show, she liked the carrot flavored treats I bought for her. Ozzy doesn't like them, so after trying different things, I found he does best with alfalfa and Strategy. I don't feed him Strategy, it was actually for another horse in the barn, but it works good as bait! A horse that we used to own loved Smarties (candy).

We take a piece of plastic from a cereal box back and crinkle that. Thats what gets my horses' attention

I use to use sugar cubes ...but decided to stop after about 2 days. Moved to something a tad bit healther.

I use baby carrots cutt in half.

I also plan on starting to use Chex cerial for in the ring. Might get some pepermint treats though for that.

[SIZE=14pt]Just the palm of my hand with Starlight mint flavor on it and a mint in my mouth.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Whatever I can find while running into the ring, I have used grapes, licorice, carrots, mints, plastic, paper whatever is handy

[SIZE=14pt]Well I am using candy (with a crinkly wrapper)!!Or a peice of plastic!!Roy likes french fries and apple fritters but thats a bit un healthy also!! Only when he is good
wink.gif
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back