What do you think?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Is this mare pregnant? My vet cannot ultra-sound or palpate but he did draw blood and is checking her estrone sulfate. (I think that's what he said)

She was only bred one time and that was on Mother's Day, May 8, 2011.

DSC_1844.jpg

DSC_1801.jpg

I would say she definitely looks as though she could be, but hard to say for sure with not knowing if she has a typical brood mare body to start with or not. Did you get any pics from directly in front of and directly behind??

Thanks Mona. I'm not sure if I have any other photos but I will look. She is four and has never been bred. Also, if this helps she's 29" .

Rather than appearance, I use the "if there is a bun in the oven, the belly is firm" method.
default_yes.gif
I push up on the bottom of the belly. If it's a baby it USUALLY feels firm. If it's just fat, it's soft and squishy. Sorta like me these days...soft and squishy. Gotta get back to working out!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, that's kind of a poor angle. You really need one from directly behind her butt so you can see the bulging on both sides. But yes, Jean is right...if it's a baby, it should be good and hard. You might also be able to feel movement by this time if she is in foal.

Ha ha, Jean. Well, I'm kinda squishy too! Anyways, Inspiration feels firm so maybe she is. I'm taking her to Little King Farm to foal out so I know that they can ultra-sound her but I hate to haul her 8 hours down there just to find out she's not.

Sorry Mona, I didn't see your other post. I did try to feel for movement but I couldn't feel anything.
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don;t you test her at home with that test (sorry, I forget the brand) that came out with a late pregnancy test. Even the regular one will work to I think it's day 280 or 300??

EDITED TO ADD: It is thr weefoal test I am talking about. You would need the weefoal 120. http://www.weefoal.com/

I SAY YES SHE IS!!!!!

I have a 29" mare bred that look excatly like that and i know for a fact that she is bred.

If your taking her to the King Farm to foal out, who ya plan on having her bred too?
default_wub.png

I think I will get that Wee-Foal kit, Mona but first I will find out what the blood test shows. Mindylee, I'm not sure who I will breed her to. I'm open to suggestions.
default_yes.gif

I vote in foal...but what do I know. She is beautiful, love her head.
default_wub.png
Good luck!

I think I will get that Wee-Foal kit, Mona but first I will find out what the blood test shows. Mindylee, I'm not sure who I will breed her to. I'm open to suggestions.
default_yes.gif
Well I cant really remember who was all on the stallion list BUT because she is small and you breed for buckskins, personally I would pick LK Dream Supreme...
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back