what do you guys think of this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scout

Reaction score
I thought that I would ask what you guys thought of my little Gambler. These are a bit older pics from the end of august, but I would like to know what you guys like or don't like about the way he's built. He is a coming two year old if that helps.

69F03-9-40-52.jpg

38F03-9-40-29.jpg

Better conformation pic from the end of May.

35F03-5-1517-8.jpg

Also could anyone help me figure out how far back to clip his bridle bath and I need an opinion on his color (notice the brown edges).

Please be honest as I need opinions beyond my barn blindness.

edit to add:

I agree with the fact that he needs muscling but I am just happy to keep him in good weight these last few months. He has put on about 5 inches in the eleven months I've had him, as well as, recovering from his former owners neglect. This is the best that I have got him so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welll I am going to stick my head out first here I guess.
biggrin.gif

Over all I like what I see. He is refined, and has a decent short back, and a nice hip. I can't put my finger on why, but I am not crazy about his shoulder.

He looks like he has a pretty head and a soft eye, it's a tad long for my taste, though.

His neck could be a little longer and have a better 'hook', I would think with some muscle and weight he'd be a decent halter show gelding. The last picture is the most flattering IMO, and I would call him a dark brown.

I don't think it is his shoulder that is the problem - he has a good angle although maybe a tad steep - his neck ties in too low on his chest which makes his shoulder look steeper than it is. I agree though he could use some muscling up for a coming 2 year old.

I think he's pretty as a picture in the first two photos. I"d clip that bridle path back a good ways to show off that really nice neck too. I'd be very proud of him.

The last picture, well, just want to tell you that I am so very happy to see that someone else does a chop job like me LOL! You would not believe the messes I make!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back