What do professional photographers use

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just find someone besides your husband to help you!!!!!!!!! That is if you want to stay married!
default_yes.gif

That's why we started getting a pro to come in once a year. So we are still married. The pro comes with all kinds of 'props' many of which have been mentioned here. And we've used other horses, a dog's hind end.....you name it, we've tried it!

But there are always some horses that just aren't impressed by ANYTHING you pull out. those are the hard ones. Then you get the horses that just are SO wonderfully photogenic and just pose and pose for you.

These are a couple of the 'artistic' proofs from this years shoot which was just over.

An Ash Creek Farm gelding who was a photographers dream!

th_DSC_8439.jpg

And my Oooh La La in her artistic pose. We got lots of great stand up halter shots of these two in another location but I think this may be my favorite of La La because of the colors and the dramatic lighting.

th_willowfillyflowerssmall.jpg

Both of these horses were wonderful subjects and so expressive that you almost didn't need props.

Once you get your props figured out don't forget the background! That can make or break a picture.

Charlotte

I have to agree with everyone about pictures and divorce.

MY husband and I have been together for what seems forever and we get along great, always have. He is not a horse person but helps me all he can. However last year we tried to do photos of everyone and it was a disaster. I think we got 2 good pictures before he dropped everything and went into the house. Ha!

Last week I took one of my sons Flip camera and just walked around the pastures. This same son came and helped me Thursday so I could get better pictures of my stallion. We got some great new pictures to add to my site and he even stayed for dinner. Ha! The only thing about the Flip (or maybe me) is I could not get really close closeups.

Latest posts

Back