What did you make your stalls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
We have three that are wooden and are planning out the rest of the barn. Wanting something different (we think). May I ask what people are using out there now? Pics if possible.

Thank you

Fran

[SIZE=14pt]We use pressure treated lumber.[/SIZE]

Lyn

We used hemlock. Not pressure treated. I didn't want the horses to get sick if they decided to eat the wood. Which they don't do anyways, but I wanted to be on the safe side. My floor is also hemlock it's been in my barn for 12 years and is now just starting to "peel" up in some spots, but we are going to get stall mats anyways so it doesn't matter.

Christy
laugh.gif

Iused panels for mine. NOt quite as cute as some of the little ones made out of wood but the horses can see eachother- helps with venalation and i can see everyone with one glance in the barn. NOt to mention i can move them by myself very easily in a matter of minutes to make either bigger or smaller stalls.

moreab3.jpg

We still aren't sure, but pressure treated boards are out. That is what one of our major hold ups are. We couldn't find any plained boards that are not pressure treated. They are treated with arsnic and other poisons and if your horse decides to take up chewing wood.....oh oh......so we are not going there.

Jerry would like to build some like Lisa has pictured above. He can do it quickly and easily in his shop and it would be cost effective, airy, and no maintainence.

Our other idea is to use horrizontal oak planks that are in a channel so you can remove them or add boards to them. I don't think they can chew that hard oak.

I still have a month to decide.

We recently gutted our barn because we needed to get the floor finished (unlevel .. more details not necessary to this discussion).. in any case.. can't supply photos of the actual stalls.

As temporary stalls we had rubber mats and used priefert wire filled D gates. Stall walls were 8' long and fronts 6' wide. Gates are 4' tall. We used T posts with the safety caps on them.. and TIED the gates too them.

Since the floor will be finished SOON (I hope!) we will then permanently install the gates (hang them) on 4x4 posts.

Here is a picture of the individual gate

FandRgat8.jpg

here is a farm supply place that sells them:

http://www.afence.com/FandRgates.htm

There is a priefert website (but I can't load the pages anymore I don't have the right software installed..

priefert

We love the gates...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back