What did you have for dinner and favorite dinner?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Night-- Macaroni and Cheese, the homemade kind, it didn't work too well. I messed up the rue, I think because I used Soy Flour instead of normal flour. Oh well, it still tasted good, just wasn't the right consistency.

Tonight-- Local made Chicken Green Chile Tamales with tons and gobs of very very hot red chile sauce with tons and gobs of sour cream on top.........and cheese of course :bgrin

Favorite meals----- roasted veggies and some sort of meat, usually fish or chicken. Or Fajitas!!! I make awesome Fajitas
default_yes.gif
:

Celebration Meal---- Prime Rib!!! I make awesome Prime Rib!!!

Easy Meals---- We eat lots of just lettuce with balsamic vinegar thrown on top, add some strawberries sometimes.

Last night was a pretty normal night for this crazy family......9 yr old had top ramen noodles, 14 yr old had kraft mac-n-cheese, I actually ate :new_shocked: poached egg on toast..not sure what hubby had probably oatmeal and toast......ok that is our normal easy everyone going twelve directions and "MOM we have nothing to eat" dinner :bgrin

Tonight hubby brought home a lasagne and salad and garlic bread....yumm but I shall pay dearly with all the cheese (me and milk really don't mix)

A couple times a year we have a celebration dinner and in this house that means............chunk of sea bass for the hubby, sea scallops for me, prawns for all and either beef or lamb steaks, garlic bread, and ceasar salad......used to do this more often when we were "coastal" here in Idaho the fish...is well fishy which means it ain't off the boat any time recently
default_wacko.png
:

I also love to make a semi home made version of chili and cornbread....the chili I often cheat with canned beans due to time (never enough)

weekends we often make roasts (lamb or pork) or a favorite is bbq chicken (hubby smoke/bbq's it)

when we have time this whole darn family likes to cook we only eat cruddy cuz we are always running to the next thing
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

runamuk, isn't that so true about the fish smelling fishy.

It's pretty amazing that I would guess about 90% of the population of this country does not realize that fish does not STINK when it's first caught and butchered and fresh. It is when it's old and gets bacteria that it begins to reek.

My husband eats scallops raw on the back deck of the boat. He gets them in crab pots quite often, and says they taste lemony and sweet. Ew but I guess I understand? Nothing to me like fresh, succulent halibut (oh that is the BEST fish), or sweet Dungeness crab, still warm from the cooker....but Salmon is pretty awesome, too. We are SPOILED that way. Martin says there is a bay in AK that they pull into when they are fishing Summers for Halibut and Black Cod that is SO FULL of butter clams, prawns, scallops, crab, oysters and razor clams, that they just feast til they are ILL on these huge, fresh seafood varieties while they are there and watch the bears on shore getting their own goodies.
default_smile.png
Not far from there I think they caught a 600 lb. Halibut. Ew, wouldn' twant to eat that one.

Fun reading what you all like to cook and eat, and even the "simple" stuff. I thought my family was the only one that was sort of disorganized in eating like son comes home makes himself a big meal and then we have dinner just two hours later, he rarely eats much with us, but he sits down w/us to visit and socialize and then there's the little ones that won't eat certain things. *LOL*

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back