What did you have for dinner and favorite dinner?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Just curious what we all made for dinner tonight as opposed to our "ideal" dinner (either the one we enjoy making or eating the most)?

What's your favorite celebration dinner, too!

Oh, and your favorite "easy" dinner.

Dinner tonight: Spinach salad w/smoked bacon bits (the real kind), tomatoes, red onion and warm vinaigrette, and bread w/olive bruschetta and provolone melted on top, baked potatoes and chicken strips (woulda had regular baked chicken, but it didn't thaw out quickly enough).

Ideal dinner is something similar w/a good vegetable, love to make cauliflower with cheese sauce (homemade not from a can), maybe chicken fried steak w/gravy and biscuits. The guys LOVE this.

Celebration dinner has to be prime rib w/Yorkshire pudding, potatoes in some form (not picky, but my guys love mashed), brown au jus gravy and asparagus with Hollandaise. Ewww....fattening! *LOL*

Easy dinner is often either the Ling Ling potstickers (they are very good for you and has three food groups (meat, veg, grain) in 'em!), maybe some rice and for dessert some fresh fruit. Light, but filling. The little ones can eat the potstickers (they both have troubles with many meats and I don't do hot dogs often). OR Thai peanut butter tofu/chicken (either/and/or) w/rice.

Liz M.

Dinner tonight: I had oatmeal almond crisp cereal for supper (I'm home alone & can't cook to save my own life)

Ideal dinners: ribs, chicken fried steak, fried fish, broccoli & cheese (I cheat & use Velveeta :lol: ), baked beans, enchiladas, mashed potatoes, brown sugar ham, burgers, grilled corn-on-the-cob, homemade mac.n.cheese, pork roast, salads, homemade rolls ...I'm all for comfort foods!

Easy dinner: Em..that would be the cereal! I also do the Stouffer's Lasagna w/salad (it is my specialty!)

[SIZE=18pt]Tonight I just had egg salad sanwhitches :no: [/SIZE]

Tomorrow though we are having ham. mashed potaoes, brussel sprouts and carrots.

Tonight: Didn't eat today, too upset.

Ideal: Any form of meat & taters and vegies. I make lasagna and broccoli. Fried chicken, taters & gravy. Stuff like that.

Celebration: always the same. Steak, shrimp, baked tater, sour cream, salad, garlic toast.

Easy: Something like, I'll cook wide egg noodles. hamburger. Spaghetti sauce. Mix it all together like it was spaghetti, but put it in a casserole dish & put cheese all over the top and bake it until the cheese is toasty. Then have that with salad or a green vegie. It's kind of like lasagna, but easier.

tonight we had bbq'd pork steaks and cabbage (wrapped and put on the grill) It was wonderful.

our favorite meal? that is hard as we usually like what we fix--normally a meat and a vegetable with the occasional potato.

Celebration meal? Something that friends all contribute to. Maybe make a ham or turkey and the rest potluck.

Favorite fast meal? That would have to be 1 lb ground beef-browned and add 1 can chicken gumbo soup and mix. Serve over bread.

Robin, sorry to hear you're upset!
default_sad.png

Your celebration meal sounds purdy good, though.

If there's anything I can do, let me know, k?

Liz

Thanks Liz. I needed time, but I posted it on the horse forum.
default_sad.png

Liz,

What is chicken fried steak? Not a term I am used to in the UK.....and anything new I am interested in cooking
default_yes.gif
:

My usual weekday meals are probably fish with veggies, and some sort of baked apple for desert.......weekends we eat out so an Italian or English restaraunt....seafood for me, lasagna for Dave....and the English would be steak and steak :bgrin :bgrin

Celebration would be a roast of some sort, I love pork with loads of crackling....and all the trimmings.......and bread pudding with clotted cream for pud.......oooh , yummy.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last night supper Cheeseburgers and chips and pickles

Favorite meal : Mine Boiled Lobster tossed salad corn on the cob

Hubby: Roast Pork whipped potatoe corn

Celebration meal: Anything I dont have to cook LOL

Quick meal that would be cereal here as well.

Conundrum, I don't know how everyone else makes it. But I get steak (beef) and I pound it & pound it on both sides until it's thin. Then I dip it in milk, then flour it. Then it goes in hot oil (I use butter) and you fry it until it's golden brown. You can cut it with a fork and it melts in your mouth! We serve it with mashed potatoes and white gravy.

YUMMY!

last night i made slow cooked bbq brisket and mac and cheese

celebration meals=baked pork chops with mushroom sauce, wild rice & corn

quick meal- blt's or grilled cheese and tomato soup

Hmmm bad nite for a question like that. I bought Shain a turkey sub and I had left over venison stew.

My favorite home cooked meal is chicken fricasse with big biscuits and/or dumplings! YUM!

It doesn't pay me around here to fuss with dinners anymore. Half the time, the boys have grabbed a Big Mac on the way home from school and aren't hungry so now I only make things that are very nice, easy, simple with miniamal dishes to wash.

Last night we had Banquet's chicken cour-don-blu. Tator tots and green beans.

For a special dinner it would be pot roast, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans.

The only time I make a super dinner is on Thanksgiving. Then it's a huge cooking fest!

It was Mexican Manicotti, and a salad. celebration dinner depends on who is celebrating, kids have their favorites, hubby has his, of course they arent the same! Favorites, there are a few, grilled chicken with a baked potato, ham and cheese bundles.....

o-m-gOSH...DROOL...NOW i'M GETTING ALL HUNGRY FOR HASH...GOTTA GO GET INTO THE FRIDGE NOW... (Sorry...that caps button keeps getting in my way!)
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last night's supper -- Roast pork tenderloin, home made bread dressing, glazed baby carrots.

Celebration meal -- go out for Chinese, or bake a turkey with all the fixings...mmmmmmm....bring-on those sweet potatoes!!

I love to cook. I am not a "bake-a-cake/desert" person, but give me some hungry folks, some food...and I will fill-'em-up!! I am always making new receipes, and trying new things...suppose that's why I have developed a bit in the last few years...ahem... :lol:

Last night supper: Boiled noodles with spicy tomato sauce right out of the can... I call it spaghetti soup cause its more sauce than noodles LOL I only make this for me cause nobody else would eat it hahaha After my work out I had a whey protein smoothie with frozen fruit to get my daily protein needs.

Fav meal: Spaghetti, or other noodle/beef/tomato sauce combo like lasagna

Fav celebration meal: Turkey or glazed ham with all the trimmings. Or like Sue C, out for chinease! (no sweet potatoes though please. Ick LOL)

Easy meals: "cassarol" ie anything that ends up in one pot. Can of tuna, egg noodles, cream soup. Ground beef, egg noodles, frozen veggies, tomato soup or sauce. Cooked cubed chicken, egg noodles, veggies, and cream of chicken soup. etc etc. I open fridge, open cupboard, open freezer and throw whatever looks good into a pot.

A second easy meal is fried pork chop and instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan herb and garlic Yummy) and canned veggies.

My favorite side dish lately I learned from my step mom- 1/2-3/4 Bag of hash browns, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 container of sour cream and a diced oinion. Mix it all together, put in a baking dish and cook till hot. Take out and top with shredded chedder, put back in oven and cook till the cheese is all melted and getting a little crispy. MMMM mmmm Good! (Campbells soups and me make lots of good meals together LOL)

Last night I BBQ'd some chicken in a super spicy Jamaican rub - it was awesome! Had it with garlic mashed potatos and a salad.

The BEST celebration dinner is pastrami sandwiches from Jerry's Deli - they're INCREDIBLE!!! Has to be made on rye bread, extra pickles on the side, and a huge side order of cole slaw. Ok. I'm hungry...

Liz R.

Last night dinner for me was left over Cioppino (seafood stew). I spent last week on the coast on the Monterey Bay and the last night went out to dinner at the Charlie Moss Restaurant in Moss Landing. My dinner was Chippino and I brought the left overs home. For starters we had grilled artichokes but needless to say there was nothing left to bring home.

Neil, my hubby used to fish out of Moss Landing. I love that area.
default_smile.png
Glad you are eating seafood, the family business, ya know. ;)

Conundrum, chicken fried steak is much like REO described. My version is about the same, but I get the cubed steak then I dip it in flour w/some salt and pepper, then into a beaten egg, and then into a dry batter of flour, a few tbsp. of corn meal, lots of good seasonings (the more, the merrier) and then into a skillet w/some oil and turn them when brown on one side.

Afterward, I make a brown/milk gravy and serve that and the steaks over soft, southern style biscuits.

Definitely a "man's meal" around here.

Yummm...loved reading all your dinner ideas, even the "quick/easy" ones you apologize for!

*LOL*

Liz M.

CHAMP AND FISH FINGERS, TONIGHT, FOR A CELABRATION, HED HAVE SURF AND TURF,ID HAVE SHREDDED CRISPY CHICKEN IN A CHILLI AND GARLIC SAUCE MMMM WITH CHIPS AND FRIED RICE..NOW WHAT CAN WE CELEBRATE LOL

Latest posts

Back