what color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solupe

Reaction score
She has no dorsal stripe and barring on her legs. She is solid, can she be a silver dun? something else?

sera.jpg

Silver bay.

For her to be a dun she would have to show characteristics (dorsal sripe, leg barring, etc..)

Parent color would help a lot but my filly looks a lot like her and i've had a lot of people tell me she's a chocolate silver....I think she looks like a chocolate silver to me, silver bay's usually have a more reddish tint to them and darker legs I thought?

Sire is SPA = solid palomino

Dam is SGD = grey dun

Can she be a diluted dun?

I do not think she is silver bay, she is not reddish and has no dark points, she is a light gold color

How about chocolate palomino?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Silver can hide on a Palomino (IF the sire is a true palomino)
default_wink.png
:

So Silver is a definite possibility.

She could simply be a light "shade" of Silver/Black (Silver Dapple) or sometimes called Chocolate Silver.

She could also be a Smokey Silver Black. ( A Black with the Silver AND creme gene)

She doesn't look like a Silver Bay at all, IMO.

My vote is for silver dapple or maybe a chestnut/sorrel with flaxen. I do not see the characteristic "smoky" coloring on the legs to be a silver bay.

She is gorgeous. I think she is chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail.

I have to go with the Chocolate Palomino because if you look closely her mane and tail would be very white if they were clean. If not then I'd say Chocolate Silver, however I'm not really a color person soooooo
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back