What color would you say my new filly is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckNappy

Reaction score
We had a filly lastnight at 8:44.Her dam is a bay leopard(Kobecks Princess) her sire is a solid bay stallion of Buckeroo lines (Impressive Lights) Now that the baby has dried off she looks to be a silver/white color underneath her darker coloring.Even around her eyes she is silver/white.What color do you sappose she will be?(bay appaloosa?silverbay?)She is just darling and very very tiny.Already a ball of fire,I love to spend my mornings watching the foals as they run circles around momma kicking and bucking.Congrats on all the new foals everyone and Goodluck to those that have foals on the way.We are expecting 2 more this year.
princessfl.jpg
princessfoal.jpg
princessflcolor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver bay, may or may not be appy, but right now looks not to be

Doesn't seem to be an appaloosa even though she is partial bred appaloosa, no mottling seen from the photo's, but silver bays usually have black points from the ones that I have seen.

Foals do change color over time for sure from the time they mature fully. Just my opinion.

Congratulations on your healthy foal no matter what the color. One of our 3 equine vets told us that miniature horses are the second animal hardest to have a successful birth, English Bulldogs are the first, so if you have a miniature foal no matter color or sex that is healthy, that is a bonus no matter what.

I agree- silver bay, no Appy. The underneath odd color is the silver that she would be when the outer coat is clipped off. Her eye is mostly closed so couldnt see if she has white sclera around her eye, but she appears to be a silver bay to me.

Congrats on your new baby!!

Beautiful little filly.
default_yes.gif

As for color, that's a tuffy. What she looks like to me, is that she is going to be gray or gray appy. What are the colors in her dam and sires background?

Here are some more guesses:

Rose Gray (she is gray around the eyes)

Silver bay roan appy -(her mane is the color all my silver bay foals had but they did not have the gray around the eyes)

I really think she is an appy. Not all appys are born with appy characteristics. They appear as they get older. I have a coming 3 yr. old that is just getting roaning and mottling.

I will be interesting to see what every one thinks and what color she finally does end up.

Congrats.

default_biggrin.png
Don't know but just had to say how I love her big soft eye! What a swweetie. Congratulations,

Maxine

Congrats on you new filly!

I'm not very sure on the color I'm more leaning to silver bay, I had a colt born that same color and he ended up silver bay with appy mottling
default_smile.png
his dam was silver bay and his sire is a black leopard. if you want me to post pics let me know and I can no problem.

~Jessica

CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly! She very much looks silver bay and roan or grey...I am leaning more towards roan. Now what type of roan remains to be seen. Since she seems to show so much roaning even on her head, face, around her eyes etc., my guess is that it is an appy roan gene at work here, and as she ages, she will develop appy characteristics, and maybe even clip out to a near leopard!
default_yes.gif

Congrats!!! Till u see for sure otherwise she could be an appy, they are almost all born with a darker tinged coat and light under neath. Any mottled private parts, striped hooves, if noit those can come later too.
default_yes.gif

CONGRATS
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I own this fillys sire, Impressive Lights, and i am happy to see he produced such a nice little filly for you. She got her daddys head, eyes and tiny tippy ears.

Lights is a solid bay, his sire is Boones Mr Supreme (sorrel) who is a son of Buckeroo's Little Master (Natl Get Of Sire winner, Buckeroo son). Lights dam is a buckskin, daughter of Zee Jays Buccarudy.

Here are some photos of Lights ...

Dandy292HD.jpg

lights7.jpg

lights6.jpg

Lights is a really calm stallion, second best temperment to my other stallion actually lol, the boys are so well behaved. She must get that spark from her dam. I will have to keep an eye on her as she matures
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes her daddy is Impressive Lights and she does take after him,she is soooo very tiny.What a dollbaby!I am anxious to see what color she turns out.Her dam is Kobecks Princess a bay leopard.She can be seen on my website but you can also see her as well as her past foals who have all been colored foals on MCA Miniatures website.I just got Princess 2 months ago.Thank you everyone for your color opinions!!!!!!!Happy foaling!

Latest posts

Back