what color would you call her..try to put her parents pics as well.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anngee

Reaction score
The little girl...I may name her Riley or Reagon ( can you change a horses name? ) has two blue eyes, her mom has 1 blue eye. I LOVE her Dad's markings! I'm not sure what I need to register her, they are sending me a copy of both parents papers....they sold the one we got as unregistered, but said if I wanted to mess with it they didn't mind. Anyway, I was wondering what color she would be....not a paint right?

received_10205053594134529~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1461433916985.jpg

FB_IMG_1461433939543.jpg

She's a pinto, Paint is a registery for full size horses. If she has any blue in her eyes, she may have splash. She looks black, like her sire. Her mom looks like she may be silver black (dapple).

Sire is black and white pinto, dam is grey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Marker Minis, Jill knows that. She said the black and white one is the dad XD

As for your girl, Angee, she is a pinto (color of Paint, but Paint is a breed and pinto is a color). She looks grey to me, her face isn't quite black. So grey pinto, if you ask me (I'm guessing tobiano if you want a little more specific on the pattern, but I'm not great at this kind of stuff, lol)

Oopps read that wrong! Sorry Jill! Since new mare has blue eyes and dam has a blue eye, I would say she got splash from dam.

I wonder if the mare is silver something, doesn't seem quite right for true grey. Almost looks like she might have varnish appy going on, and appy can really change base colors.

Thanks. She is white with blue/silver patches and face blaze if that helps better.

Thanks. She is white with blue/silver patches and face blaze if that helps better.

She is definitely a pinto, if you want to get technical with the pattern she looks to be a Tovero (mom looks like shes got overo traits and dad is a tobiano). I would say shes either silver, grey or maybe some roaning going on. very cute.

For registration you need an application for registration from the registry (or registries), a signed transfer of ownership from the owners. The sire and dam must be registered in the sellers names, both in each registry you are trying to get papers from, and stallion service certificates have to be on file at the registries.

For pinto, download the application and follow directions as it is a color registry, not a breed.

If it is World Class registry, don't waste your money.

Latest posts

Back