What Color- Part 2?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyMinis

Reaction score
Before I send his papers off, I thought I would get some second opinions on Deuce's color. His mom is Silver Bay and Sire is Chocolate Silver Dapple Pinto. Boy, he has grown up!! I just brought him home from my Ex Husbands and I was amazed.

Today

Deuce2.jpg

Deuce1.jpg

Baby Pictures

Foal003a.jpg

White socks, broad blaze blue eyes- Minimal Splash!! You did say sire was a Pinto??

Oh and I can see Mama is also- can't see the blaze well enough but looks like Sabin??

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever color he is I like him a lot, very handsome!!!
wub.gif

I'm new to minis and their wide variety of colors, but he looks chestnut/sorrel to me. He doesn't appear to have the slightly darker legs usually associated with silver bay. I'm probably wrong, but you have my two cents anyway.
biggrin.gif

I'm new to minis and their wide variety of colors, but he looks chestnut/sorrel to me. He doesn't appear to have the slightly darker legs usually associated with silver bay. I'm probably wrong, but you have my two cents anyway.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to say chestnut/sorrel with 'hidden' silver. I would also say minimal splashed white with the blue eyes and almost apron face.

He looks like a very pretty Sorrel to me.

If he does have a silver gene it would be hidden. See this a lot with the Icelandics.

He appears to be a Silver-Chestnut. The silver gene dilutes the mane & tail...and I don't even see a hint of gray tinge to the lower legs that you should be able to see on a Silver-Bay (even at his age.)

I think he is silver chestnut, too, because I don't see any darkness to his lower legs but WHATEVA you call his color, I like him A LOT!

Thanks to all. I think... that it's going to be sorrel, minimal splash pattern. I'm really glad that everyone likes him. I'm going to try to get some pictures of him trotting as he just floats with tail up over his back or at least he did until I took him away from Momma.

Latest posts

Back