What color is this little guy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
Ok this little guy was born last monday. His dam "appears" to be a flaxen chestnut but might POSSIBLY be a really light silver bay?? The sire to this little guy is unknown. SUPPOSIDLY it was a palimino but the foaling dates don't line up with when the person who sold her the mare claimed she got the mare back... so we think perhaps she may have been bred before that woman even got her back......the dam came from a lady that had many stallions all out together so god only know's. We are thinking maybe silver dapple but we were wondering what everyone else thought?

darcys%20colt.jpg

Ok she just sent me photo's of mom to post too. She DOES look like a flaxen chestnut until you look closer at her legs. I dont' honestly know if it's just counter shading or if it's diluted black points on her legs if you look close.

Do you think she's silver too or is she flaxen chestnut. the dark points look very similar to my friends silver bay mare who is here for training but lighter but this mare is overall a lot lighter than the other mare too... what do you think?

dinah%201.jpg

Dinah%204.jpg

Dinah%203.jpg

Mama silver bay, baby silver dapple.
default_yes.gif

Hahaha I love stories like these......you should name him "who's your daddy."

Mom sure looks silver bay with those smokey legs.......which would make me lean to having the colt be silver dapple.

Dam is Silver Bay, foal is Silver Black...could be Silver Bay but I do not think so.

Latest posts

Back