What color is this filly?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
Went to see my old mare Sable today and her new filly Ginger. Absolutely beautiful filly, but mama was a bit upset at all the hubbub ;) I missed her so much and she was so ticked off (and in heat) that I only got a minute of one on one cuddle time. She looks great and I am happy with her new home.

Now, what color do you think this filly is? I thought silver black like mama but she looks kind of champagne and her eyes are light. So now not sure? Dad is a smokey black.

jan_31027.jpg

jan_31028.jpg

jan_31032.jpg

jan_31023.jpg

jan_31018.jpg

Here is ticked off mama!!

jan_31019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh look at that face in the last picture!!!

I think she looks silver black! Maybe she will turn out a more silver shade than her mom though? Those silvers are always so mysterious with their shades...

Congrats!

Andrea

Hi Jen

It's been a while since we have seen you around here. I bet it was a nice visit with sable even though she was a *&%$#! Her baby is adorable, I can't help with the colour though sorry.

They haven't changed Sables name to Betsy have they!? I noticed the name on the barn door.

Bet you miss her like crazy, but how wonderful that you can visit.

xox Leonie xox

Her color looks a lot like our foal born a couple of years ago. He turned out to be silver black.

Just born

Jayjay%20023.JPG

Last Summer He had been clipped about a month before these pics.

9620_1242992601692_1435651841_30703324_2752030_n.jpg

This Winter

20772_1334108399530_1435651841_30951836_2820787_n.jpg

I hope this helps.
default_smile.png

They haven't changed Sables name to Betsy have they!? I noticed the name on the barn door.
Nope, she was in another mare's stall ;)

Yes, it was nice to see her, sad but nice
default_smile.png
I do miss the ol' girl, even if she is a brat ;)

Thanks for the info on color, I was pretty sure it was silver black, but those shades are really confusing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could she be Silver + Cream on black?

Would that be a Silver Smoky Black? I'm not sure of the proper term for that combination.
default_unsure.png

If those eyes stay light she could be a Smoky Silver Cream, as I would lay money that the mare has Cream as well as Silver........

Otherwise, Smoky Silver Black, as said above.

i had one born that color last year and she is an amber cream. She was from a white buckslin and a grey dun. Just Gorgeous!

Ellen could you explain further as I have never heard of any of those colours!

Latest posts

Back